ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Interacts with patients in a courteous, friendly, and caring manner.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Schedules patient flow to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the clinic to serve an adequate number of patients as established by grant requirements.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and insurance information.
- Respond to patient inquiries through the telephone or online portal.
- Ensures patient charts are complete and up-to-date.
- Scan and upload new patient registration forms and patient information into EMR
- Verifies eligibility of insurance benefits and obtains authorizations for care.
- Schedule follow up and diagnostic test appointments recommended by the Provider.
- Calls pharmacy to generate prescriptions following authorization from attending Provider.
- Contacts Physicians when results (labs, x-rays, etc.) have arrived (by fax, mail, etc.)
- Works in close collaboration with Referrals Department.
- Obtain referral results and follow up with specialist office.
- Collects co-payments and fees-for-service (FFS).
- Closes records on a daily basis in order to submit to Medical Billing Department.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level.-
- Attends scheduled department staff and clinical meetings.
- Constantly works in a team with all co-workers to ensure good quality patient care.
- Transfer phone lines every evening to the answering service.
- Participate in team base meetings.
- Be part of a care coordination team following all HIPAA guidelines and requirements.
- Excellent computer skills
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive familiarity with health care relevant legislation and standards for the protection of health information and patient privacy (HIPAA)
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently
- Excellent Computer and documentation skills
- Very organized and able to multitask; detail oriented
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
- Understands and follows health provider's instructions; seeks clarification when necessary
- Knowledge of medical terminology and protocol
- Familiar with insurance plans-Acquaintance of ICD-10 and CPT billing codes-Strong spelling, reading, and mathematics skills
- Preferred bilingual
John A Gorostiza Villanueva MD Inc