Food Plant Maintenance Mechanics
- Posted: over a month ago
- $29 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Responsible for performing complex maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food manufacturing plant.
- Up to $29.00/hour, based on skills, experience, qualifications and testing
- Premium healthcare benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account
- Company paid life insurance, vacation, holidays and sick days
- Full-time, 40-hour work week plus overtime opportunities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex diagnostic testing on all equipment within the food manufacturing plant.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Fabricate parts and weld as required.
- Interface with Production Supervisors and Machine Operators to solicit information about problems and performance issues.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area that promotes safety and efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality system standards and the unit’s food safety and security programs in support of essential manufacturing strategies and practices.
- Serve as Alternate to other Food Plant Maintenance Mechanics to ensure effective coverage of the Safe Quality Food responsibilities pertaining to that position.
- Associate’s degree in electrical and/or mechanical field or equivalent trade knowledge in a formal registered training program preferred and 4+ years maintenance experience in similar environment. Knowledge and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals and sketches
- Ability to perform basic math and handbook formulas
- Ability to use a variety of measuring instruments.
- Ability to work independently; normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments
- Advanced electrical, mechanical and welding skills a must
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in performing maintenance and repair
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work area that promotes safety and efficiency
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends
Johanna Foods, Inc.
20 Johanna Farms Road FlemingtonFlemington, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Johanna Foods, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?