The Delivery Technician is responsible for delivery, pick up, and service of company product to the customer facilities in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product.
This individual will also be responsible for product care and maintenance, product repair, warehouse/shop duties, vehicle care and maintenance, and tracking of inventory at all times.
- Work/drive safely in all aspects of job
- Responsible for delivery and set up of product in accordance with arranged schedule to the customer/patient in a timely and professional manner
- Instructs and demonstrates patient/care giver/nurse on proper and safe use of product
- Loads and unloads product in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with set policies and procedure
- Completes vehicles safety checks in accordance with set procedures.
- Drives safely and defensively obeying all traffic law
- Provides safe environment for the patient at all time
- Checks electrical outlets for power and proper ground when delivering electrically powered home medical equipment, in addition to observing entire environment/surroundings for any concerns in accordance with set procedures
- Completes required paperwork upon delivery, pick up, or service of product and follows and adheres to HIPAA guidelines
- Rotates on-call availability with Delivery Technicians, including nights & weekends
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 years of customer service or comparable experience
- Must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
- Must have ability to work extended hours, including some evenings weekends and travel
- Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations
- Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations
- Must possess or be able to complete requirements of Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- Previous driving/delivery experience
- Previous durable medical equipment (DME) experience is preferred
- Computer skills, such as experience with Outlook email, Microsoft Excel, and smart phones such as IPhone or Android
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), along with good organizational skills
- Previous Patient care experience
Joerns Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment, negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patient handling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
At Joerns Healthcare, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. In addition, the company offers a 401K program with a company match, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
$2,000 sign on bonus