Joe Taylor Restoration is seeking an experienced accountant to join our Finance team. The accountant will assist the Controller in the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and development of budgets designed to enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results.
Our accounting team is comprised of talented professionals who work well independently and collectively. Anyone joining the staff would need to not only have strong accounting skills but also fit well in our team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic leader who is detail-oriented, driven to succeed and welcomes accountability for their own work as well as those under their supervision. Those who do not wish to take ownership of their role in our success will not be a good fit.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Prepares monthly financial statements by the 10th business day of month, Includes balance sheet and profit and loss statements.
· Prepare accounting-related entries to expense prepaid accounts and record accruals.
· Calculate monthly commission in a timely manner.
· Provides guidance to Accounts Payable Bookkeeper when discrepancies in the records occur, ensuring accurate recording and classification of accounts payable transactions.
· Reconcile the bank account daily, ensuring transactions are recorded properly and accurately by A/R and A/P Specialists.
· Analyze balance sheets and selected P&L accounts monthly.
· Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Maintains the Fixed Asset Schedule and associated depreciation schedules; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
· Continuously evaluate and streamline processes.
· Any and all other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience and Qualifications
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Minimum Experience: 5 years of accrual accounting experience and/or training in a small/mid-size business
Knowledge, Skills and Expectations
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with ERP, QuickBooks, CRM applications
- Excellent leadership of peers
- Exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior
- Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations
- Recognize situations that require notification of a manager
- Exhibit initiative to ensure all deadlines are met
- Analyze, interpret and communicate data effectively both verbally and in writing
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership
- Prioritize work assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Operate as a team with co-workers by approaching relationships in a positive manner