We are seeking an experienced C/C++ programmer to work on real-time data acquisition and GUI interfaces for our non-contact test and measurement systems. The candidate will interface with a small team of mechanical, electrical, and production support staff to accommodate customer measurement and QA requirements. They will need to be comfortable working beyond their software responsibilities, and assist the team as required for system design and development of electrical/electronic hardware, mechanical fixturing, debugging, and documentation. This is a full-time, on-site position, with little to no telecommuting or travel.
• Act as the principal software interface to our staff, subcontractors, and customers.
• Be responsible for code design, development, debug, integration, and remote field support.
• Maintain existing C/C++ code used in our production test and measurement systems.
• Develop code and algorithms to add enhanced features to both legacy and new production systems.
• Lead efforts to port existing C/C++ code to Visual C++.
• Enhance or develop GUIs and visual techniques to display and analyze data.
• At least 10 years experience developing C/C++ applications
• Proficient in real-time C coding
• Hands-on experience debugging software/hardware interfaces in embedded systems.
• Experience with the command line Watcom C compiler or equivalent is highly desirable.
• Experience with multi-threading and various Windows OS environments.
• Familiarity with open-source tools, version control, bug tracking.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.