Jobs At The Fresh Air Fund New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
The Fresh Air Fund has provided free summer experiences in the outdoors to more than 1.8 million New York City children from low-income communities since 1877. Each summer, thousands of children visit either volunteer host families in rural and suburban communities along the East Coast and Southern Canada, attend six Fresh Air camps in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley, or participate in other outdoor programs run by The Fresh Air Fund. Young people also participate in year-round leadership and educational programs offered by The Fund. In Summer 2020, during the difficult realities of COVID- 19 and the economic crisis, The Fresh Air Fund reimagined summer and developed new in-person and virtual program models to support youth in New York City.
The Fresh Air Fund (The Fund) seeks an IT Director. The IT Director will lead a team of IT professionals who will oversee and manage the on-site and cloud-based applications for The Fund. The Director will support The Fresh Air Fund's current needs while responding to ongoing and continued development and growth. In addition, a key priority for this role is to support the adoption and success, enterprise-wide, of The Fund's FreshForce, a Salesforce CRM product. The Director will collaborate with colleagues across the organization and manage internal and vendor relationships to ensure timely and appropriate IT services.
The IT Director will be responsible for all enterprise-wide information technology including infrastructure and architecture, applications support and development, networks, telecommunications, vendor management, sourcing, project management and security. They will participate in overall business planning and innovation and must understand the organization's core business needs and models.
This individual will lead the adoption and continued development of the current systems, while also helping solve operational and workflow problems through the use of information technology and process redesign. The IT Director is responsible for outlining and ensuring the achievement of priorities and performance targets, as well as strategic initiatives, that are consistent with the vision of the organization.
- Lead and support an agile and responsive IS&T team that will maintain a secure and stable computing environment with maximum system availability and performance;
- Cultivate a team-oriented, problem-solving culture focused on delivering quality solutions that facilitate business success;
- Understand and manage the technology systems that constitute the core infrastructure of the business;
- Develop and implement security and compliance solutions for PCI, HIPAA and HITRUST;
- Own and manage the physical security requirements of all office locations;
- Develop, implement and manage disaster recovery protocols;
- Meet scalability and growth needs of the organization for a quickly expanding user base;
- Manage and measure vendor / partner provided IT solutions;
- Develop and enforce IT policies and standards;
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization; and
- Provide leadership and support for IT integration, support, and data analytics, and ensure organization wide use of information systems.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer, and will serve as a member of FAF's Leadership Team. The role is based in our New York City office.
- 7-9 years overall IT experience with proven success in aligning business and technology strategies;
- 5 years of experience building and developing high performance teams across multiple locations;
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Ability to gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and translate them into well-defined requirements;
- Experience managing multiple SaaS productivity systems;
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge of Salesforce platform, Microsoft SQL, SQL queries, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, ASP.NET, Adobe Dreamweaver;
- Excellent understanding of network topologies and the ability to optimize them;
- Hands on approach with an attention to detail;
- An ability to work on lean team in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong teamwork, excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a must; and
- Interest in joining a youth development organization and supporting its mission and vision.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this role is 115,000-$120,000 and is commensurate with experience. The Fresh Air Fund offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, and employer and employee retirement contribution plans.
To apply, please submit an application and cover letter. We are hiring on a rolling basis and encourage interested applicants to apply as early as possible. No calls or recruiters, please.
The Fresh Air Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Jobs At The Fresh Air Fund
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobs At The Fresh Air Fund