Vice President, Operations and Construction
Jobot Tasley, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Marissa Okun
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a member-owned electrical distribution cooperative serving over 35,000 homes, farms and businesses in Accomack and Northampton Counties on Virginia's Eastern Shore and Smith Island in Somerset County, MD.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Operations and Construction to join our growing team!
Why join us?
- To actively participate as a member of the Strategic Management Team, where decisions and plans are developed to ensure that the Cooperative’s strategies, goals, and objectives are accomplished. To ensure that all Operational Services Department’s functions are represented as a member of the Strategic Management Team.
- To plan, organize, direct and coordinate the activities of construction, operations, system controls and dispatch, and right of way in such a manner as to continuously improve in these areas. This includes identifying needs in training, personnel and/or equipment.
- To assist in the development, maintenance and administration of the policies and procedures for operations, construction, and maintenance of Cooperative substations, distribution networks and transmission systems to ensure the most reliable systems for members. To ensure these meet RUS guidelines and specifications. Administers in a professional manner, the labor and material contracts associated with the Cooperative's substation and transmission projects so as to ensure that the construction contractors are always in compliance with the contract's schedule and terms and conditions.
- To manage the Cooperative’s outage program and advise on ways to keep outage hours for our members to a minimum in accordance with Cooperative and RUS guidelines. To provide Cooperative members with the best possible service consistent with good business practices, safe working procedures, and environmental acceptability. To assist in providing prompt, efficient, reliable continuity of electric service by developing restoration service procedures that will promote goodwill between the Cooperative and its members.
- To develop and maintain efficient and effective relationships with power suppliers, other cooperatives, adjacent utilities, VMDAEC, ODEC, and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- To ensure integration and enterprise-wide vision of operational technologies including OMS, GIS, WMIS, AMI, etc.
Ten (10) years of progressively responsible utility experience, including but not limited to: electric system dispatching, operations and construction, related experience in electric power and basic maintenance procedures, supervisory responsibility and project management. This includes transmission, substation, distribution line construction specifications and RUS approved materials. Must be familiar with RUS’s system of accounting pertaining to work order procedures and of closing out of contracts. Must have experience with contract administration and negotiation.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
BusinessView all jobs at Jobot