VP of Operations - Steel Industry
Jobot Canton, OH
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Gary Morgan
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $200,000 - $300,000 per year
A bit about us:
Located in beautiful Canton, OH we are a leader in steel production and manufacturing, producing a variety of steel products for numerous industry sectors. We are seeking a skilled operations management professional to oversee all production and operations while driving forward business initiatives.
- Ensures maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivates so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance area.
- Initiates, implements and manages department maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning / scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
Why join us?
- Full Time Direct Hire Position
- Competitive Salary $200,000 - $300,000
- Annual Bonus
- Health & wellness challenges and incentives
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
Must Have Skills
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (BSME/BSEE) or related field of study and five years experience in the maintenance and / or operations of a manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to perform relevant maintenance and planning activities.
- Demonstrated experience with preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills in a unionized facility including interviewing, hiring, training, directing, appraising, rewarding, disciplining, and resolving problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
Please send your current resume along with answers to the following screening questions to https://apply.jobot.com/jobs/vp-of-operations-steel-industry/1634585376/?utm_source=ZipRecruiter
1. How many years do you have in the steel rolling industry as a VP, GM, or Director with professional experience with EAFs, casting, & refining?
2. Why are you open to new opportunities?
3. Are you currently in commuting distance to Canton, OH? If not are you open to relocating there?
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.