Underwriting Manager- Remote position with Benefits that start Day One!
Jobot New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Susan Hanchett
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $150,000 - $155,000 per year
A bit about us:
National mortgage company who puts our employees first and creates remarkable experiences for our clients. Best Mortgage Companies To Work For 2020! We need kind people to join our thriving team and be a part of the dream!
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus
- Career Growth
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits start Day One!
- 401k Match, and we pay 3% into your 401k whether you contribute or not!
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays to include the day after Thanksgiving!
Manage a team of 8-10 Underwriters. The position requires a strong understanding of Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), Jumbo & Affordable Housing.
- DE Required and SAR/LAPP Preferred. Experience training on all types of loans to include training on appraisals and condos
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of FHA, VA and USDA Credit Policy requirements and underwriting guidelines.
- Experience and knowledge with FNMA, FHLMC and Non-Agency guidelines and policy.
- Knowledge of Housing Finance Agency lending Develop deep business process knowledge and stay abreast of business and regulatory changes.
- Ability to be self-directed and make independent decisions problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to foster internal and external business relationships.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to multi-task effectively and be responsive to changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years mortgage industry and a minimum 3 years of experience as a team lead or Manager
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressNew York, NY
Finance and Insurance