Jobot Lakeland, FL
- Expired: March 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 per year
A bit about us:
We help SMB and enterprise organizations move to their critical infrastructure to the Cloud in the fastest, safest way possible!
Why join us?
- Excellent benefits!
- Outstanding opportunity for technical growth!
- Long-term job stability!
The Network/System Engineer is principally responsible for proactively maintaining and
managing the IT infrastructure of our clients. This includes physical and
virtualized Windows servers, Microsoft core applications (like SQL), VMWare and the client’s
network. Duties include: performing regular technical analysis of client’s infrastructure against
standards, defining those standards (best practices) and identifying technical risks; ensuring the
client’s documentation is up to date; capacity planning; and acting as an escalation point for the
service desk incidents and requests.
The Network/System Engineer maintains a strong technical relationship with clients, including
working directly with them to align standards with business needs.
The Network/System Engineer can function as part of an implementation team on larger
projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects, including
onboarding new Managed IT Services clients.
The following skills/attributes are required:
- High school diploma required; technical bachelor's degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in information system design, installation, configuration,
troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation; office automation/productivity
applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills. Ability to understand and analyze
complex issues and business requirements.
- Must be motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks
and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Experience with IT audits and assessments.
- Desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients.
Required technical skills include:
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2012, 2016 and
2019; Client OS: Windows 10).
- Experience with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing
protocols, TCP/IP, and network management.
- Knowledge of virtualization/hypervisor concepts, specifically VMware/vSphere.
- General understanding of storage concepts, including provisioning and monitoring space in
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, IPSEC
- Remote monitoring & management technologies, such as ConnectWise Automate.
Not required, but highly desirable:
- Experience working in an ITIL based support structure and knowledge of ITIL concepts.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, or MCITP.
- Experience with Hyper-V, Citrix, Linux.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance, including Group
Policy structure and deployment.
- Maintenance of all currently supported versions of Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with Office 365 solutions and software
- VCP experience.
- Remote troubleshooting using Remote Desktop and other remote control tools.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions.
- ConnectWise Manage, Automate, Control, Roar, Auvik, MyITProcess.
- Managed Service Provider experience.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobot