System Administrator - TS/SCI + Fullscope Polygraph
Jobot Fort George Meade, MD
- Expired: March 31, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Tori Bender
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
IT solutions firm that works with their employees to create a customized career development plan, and work together throughout the years to help them pursue their goals as defined in the plan. Pride in the quality of the team and enjoyment working with professionals who choose to hone their technical skills and problem solving capabilities, while succeeding in a complex and ever-changing environment. They work with employees to create a customized career development plan, and work together throughout the year to help them pursue their goals as defined in the plan.
Why join us?
100% paid Medical/Dental/Vision
4 weeks PTO
Additional week of if in pursuit of EDU (10% EDU paid for)
Sign on Bonus's
Family oriented culture
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual. An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
- Provide system support services for Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
- Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
- Ensure VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc)
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
- Maintain up to date system documentation for all responsible systems
- Troubleshoot systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests:
o Respond promptly and courteously to engineering requests for assistance, take ownership and ensure resolution of tickets in a timely manner.
o Determine the nature of the problem being reported
o Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
o Document all communication to and from customers
o Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
- Implement plans for deploying new services in a highly available and automated environment
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
- Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
- Mid-level to Senior Linux systems in the areas of system administration, troubleshooting, integration, shell scripting, and development. (i.e. Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintaining DNS)
- Experience with VMWare and supporting a virtual infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with configuration management and development environments such as: git, subversion, or Jenkins
- Experience with any of the following: JIRA, Nagios, Python, Puppet, YUMRpo, Ansible Tower, and/or ILOM
- Experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (OSP)
- Experience with Windows System Administration
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, GICSP, CSA+, CCNA-Security, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
Required Education & Related Experience: High School/GED + 9 years OR Associates + 7 years OR Bachelors + 5 years OR Masters + 3 years OR Doctorate + 1 year
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressFort George Meade, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobot