Automotive Software Quality Engineer
Jobot Greensboro, NC
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $90,000 to $130,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Blake Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our company drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
This role may sit in Greensboro NC, Allentown PA, Dublin VA, Roanoke VA, or Hagerstown MD
Why join us?
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We are defined by five carefully chosen values: Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage on day 1 of employment
- Generous 401k match and employer contribution that increases with tenure
- Generous PTO + 7 company paid holidays
The job as a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is many times challenging and often rewarding. As an Advanced Product Quality Planning ambassador you will during the projects be involved in everything from product development to quality assurance of the production lines on-site at your suppliers. You will also take part in sourcing activities such as evaluating the supplier’s development capability. You will be a key person in software product development in assuring the software development and quality requirements and will be part of solving quality issues & continuous improvement. Because of successful APQP work and preventive supplier quality activities, you will sign off on the supplier PPAP allowing production to start at the supplier.
- Monitor the quality of development and industrialization of new products at Volvo Group suppliers
- Secure that suppliers are delivering according to projects specifications and time plans. You also secure that the supplier can produce the software/parts according to the specification with the correct and sustainable quality level. In the case of a supplier-caused problem during the development stages, you are entitled to demand an improvement plan to secure successful implementations
- During sourcing phases, provide relevant supplier facts as a base for the sourcing cases. You are also an interface between our operation plants and the suppliers during running production and you will, together with our plants, minimize disturbance by steering improvements and ensuring solid actions at suppliers
- You are a key person to solve customer issues when root cause is supplier-manufacturing process. The job involves a lot of challenges and problem solving, but also a great amount of development, reward and excitement!
***Travel is large part of this role and you will meet and see suppliers in these new technologies. Of course you should enjoy the travels and are self-dependent during most of your travel and you like to come to new places and meet new people. Sometimes you will have the opportunity to travel to 3 or 4 places per month, even more. So, we believe it’s important that you like exploring and seeing different places in this position.***
- 5+ years of software development or validation experience within the automotive industry
- Experience in APQP/PPAP
- Automotive OEM or tier 1 supplier experience is ideal
- Experience with either software development or software validation (doesn’t need to be a programmer)
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology, or computer science
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.