Supplier Quality Engineer, Plastics Technology
Jobot Hagerstown, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Blake Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our company drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
This role may sit in Greensboro NC, Allentown PA, Dublin VA, Roanoke VA, or Hagerstown MD
Why join us?
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We are defined by five carefully chosen values: Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage on day 1 of employment
- Generous 401k match and employer contribution that increases with tenure
- Generous PTO + 7 company paid holidays
The Supplier Quality and Development team is looking for a driven, creative, and structured team player to take on new challenges within our team as a Quality Engineer with our Plastics Technology scope.
- Perform quality assurance activities of purchased items within projects for the Plastics Technology scope, with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specification consistently.
- Be responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval of components, tracking and monitoring the entire APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process along the way
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within the scope of plastics and other molded components (examples: injection molding, vacuum forming, thermoforming, RIM-reaction injection molding, and SMC-compression molding), including travel approximately 50-75%
- Participate and contribute during design and technical specification reviews (RTS) and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers and Volvo stakeholders
- Review mold flow analysis with supplier, confirm supplier’s skills, and provide technical input as needed
- Review tool design practices with suppliers, providing input as needed
- Review suppliers' process to set up robust injection molding processes (multi-cavity molds, insert molding, etc.) and provide input as needed
- Lead review of Control Plan, secure product and process characteristics are included
- Review training program for injection molding technicians
- Promote best practices for automated process control, mistake proof, automatic inspection, segregation of defective parts in molding process
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the manufacturing process of plastics (injection molding, vacuum forming, thermoforming, RIM-reaction injection molding and SMC-compression molding)
- Experience in APQP/PPAP
- Experience with Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience performing/analyzing in-depth mold flow reviews
- Experience with tool design and mold configuration
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jobot