Strategic Account Director (Biotech)
Jobot Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily Olinger
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $150,000 - $250,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a leading cloud based SaaS startup in the biotech industry. Our platforms leads to insights for improved diagnostics, targeted therapies, and better patient care. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations!
We have won an impressive list of blue-chip customers across the genomic and precision medicine market including 16 of the top 20 Pharma companies, leading clinical diagnostic companies, medical centers, and public sector organizations. The strategic account director will be responsible for developing and managing our expansion business at named customer’s growing 7 figure annual reoccurring revenue (ARR) relationships.
If you are interested in becoming a leader in the Biotech space, apply today!
Location: Mountain View, CA (HQ) or FULLY REMOTE
Compensation: Base salary + Commission (Target total earnings of ~$250k)
Why join us?
- 100% of health premiums paid by employer for YOU, 75% paid for dependents
- 401K and Stock options
- Great company culture
- Remote options
- Rapidly growing company
We are seeking a Strategic Account Director to join our Sales department. We're looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of establishing and growing key partnerships with life science, clinical diagnostic, and healthcare organizations.
The ideal candidate would be an enterprising scientist, driven self-starter who is excited to roll up their sleeves, develop our strategic account expansion plan, implement the management process and cadence, and enable our customers to capture scientific value and grow this area of our business. They will know how to partner with our customers, develop an expansion strategy, and guide our customers through technical and business issues to drive greater adoption, value, and usage of our services and solutions.
This role will be running some of our largest accounts, so we are looking for someone who has experience with large accounts in the life sciences space. You will be working on a small team, with no direct reports.
- Develop a key account business plan, expansion strategy, and execute.
- Support ongoing account management, maintain and adhere to customer journeys and lead delivery of key account QBRs.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Engage client constituents as thought-partners, with a heavy focus on senior-level decision makers, in order to articulate and differentiate the Company’s value proposition.
- Develop trusted business relationships with senior-level decision makers at each account and orchestrate our account team execution and relationship development including direct sales, science/technical support, customer success, product, program management and executive management.
- Position and leverage sales expansion opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Prospect for new opportunities within our customer base.
- Maintain a robust opportunity pipeline with each account, including qualifying, validating, and assessing opportunities, and identifying and analyzing new strategic opportunities with each named account.
- Provide regular pipeline and forecast updates to senior leadership.
- Collaborate closely with our product organization to align roadmap with strategic account expansion plans.
- Advocate for client needs including feature requests, production support resolution.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s internal processes and partner to scale our technology across the enterprise including business use cases and enablement of horizontal support teams and procurement processes.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- 10+ years of enterprise account management experience including program management and selling strategic solutions to healthcare and life sciences organizations; ideally enterprise software or SAAS solutions.
- Ph.D. within the biological sciences preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with complex project implementations and deployments with the largest organizations in healthcare
- Experience partnering with internal teams including sales, executive management, product, customer success and program management to expand business within key accounts
- History of taking a holistic approach to commercial activities. Able to think about the business broadly and expand our business with each named account
- Track record of demonstrating resilience and tenacity – willing to take risks, pursue opportunities with persistence, and invest the time and energy required to drive a complex and lengthy deal to a successful finish
- Rich understanding of the healthcare landscape, including the value of patient data to stakeholders across the ecosphere, the organizational structure of pharma and healthcare companies, and the ability to segment and prioritize customer segments based on industry knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment, roll-up sleeves and drive results
- Experience in rapidly scaling agile enterprise
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to partner on a peer-to-peer level with senior executives
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities; being metrics-driven a plus; strong project management skills a plus
- Practice in bringing in and managing subject matter experts to further strategic account goals
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.