Jobot Rochester, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Melanie Courtney
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a leading independently-owned and operated auto service and tire provider in the United States.
Why join us?
Join a company with an open, honest and trustworthy environment who encourages collaboration!
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing financial information in relation to journal entries, account reconciliations, variance reporting and the month-end close process.
- Update fixed asset sub-ledger system with fixed asset additions/disposals/transfers as required
- Assist with monthly and year-end close and prepare journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare account reconciliations; research and resolve variances
- Prepare key financial reports used by accounting and management
- Participate in annual budget process
- Assist with special projects, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Management Responsibility: The Staff Accountant is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Finance Manager, Fixed Assets.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 1 year accounting or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven understanding and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet established deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and is attentive to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Team orientated approach to tasks and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel) with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Ability to manage large sets of data and complex spreadsheets
- Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
- Basic mathematical skills
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and Insurance