Jobot Bell, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Corbin Prebe
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $70,000 - $85,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are one of the top food and beverage companies in the United States and GROWING exponentially. If you are looking for a long-term home with a limitless upward growth opportunity, please apply!
Why join us?
- Great company to professionally grow within
- Casual dress-code
- Amazing benefits
- Firm belief in promoting within the company
The Senior Buyer is responsible for leading and managing the day to day replenishment of raw materials, packaging supplies, and non inventory materials needed to support manufacturing requirements. Working in an office environment the Senior Buyer will work with internal team members and interact with suppliers. The Senior Buyer is key position in delivering accurate, efficient and cost effective raw material purchasing and supply management. The Senior Buyer position will be both tactical and strategic.
- * Develops and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Defines, develops and implements supply programs for materials and suppliers
- Assists in RFP process, evaluates results and effectively communicates outcomes and options
- Works closely with Saratoga Manufacturing, R&D, QA and Suppliers to approve material specifications and assist in managing supplier compliance
- Supports R&D in sourcing new materials from existing or new suppliers
- Proficient understanding and experience with ERP/MRP systems, excel, and user defined reporting
- Review and analyze the daily Re-Order Report and other Supply and Demand tools to identify materials needed to support demand planning for production.
- Ensure purchase orders are accurate and placed within Supplier lead times to avoid expediting charges and delayed production
- Responsible for accurate data input of supplier pricing, lead times, minimum order quantity and other key supplier and material information in the material management system and insure compliance on purchase orders
- Assists accounts payable on invoice discrepancies
- Responsible for Purchase Price Variances
- Work with the Warehouse team in providing communication and information allowing for more effective receiving of inbound material
- Assist QA and R&D with any Supplier related issues regarding food safety and quality compliance
- Responsibilities will include supplier meetings, RFP bid analysis, cost of ownership analysis, inventory run out analysis, lead time, MOQ and ROP maintenance, some negotiations
- Work closely and communicate frequently with business unit stakeholders - Manufacturing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Business Development and Supply Chain to adequately understand and meet Business Unit needs and requirements
- Attend daily production meeting and identify critical supply issues.
- Maintains raw material inventory targets while supporting forecasted production requirements
- Identify “unique” material risks and potential “obsolete” materials.
- Supports new procurement programs and commercialization process by providing timely data and knowledge oversight within the scope of procurement related requirements
- Maintain performance based supplier relationships by focusing on key supplier metrics such as on time deliveries, quality documentation compliance, innovation support and supplier driven cost improvements
- Maintain knowledge of changes and trends in industry, commodities and material markets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+years’ relevant experience in a materials-related function; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or MRP (Material Requirement Planning) systems, and Business software.
- C.P.M., A.P.P. or APICS certification preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Approximately 20% Travel.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
BusinessView all jobs at Jobot