Senior Systems Engineer (TS Clearance)
Jobot Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $125,000 to $185,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick Murray
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $125,000 - $185,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our company specializes in delivering a wide array of remote sensing and optical systems for our clients and customers. We hold cutting edge technology to our core and love building active systems, including high power laser sources and complex imaging systems in demanding environments. Our laser and payload systems are second to none and we are currently seeking a hybrid work from home Staff Systems Engineer to help us keep it that way.
Our Staff System Spacecraft Engineer (INCOSE style) will be a keep player in providing technical management of project requirements, system architecture, system interfaces, mission assurance guidelines, and system compliance.
If you are a Lead Software Engineer or Solution Architect with Software Architecture experience, please read on.
Why join us?
- Competitive total compensation
- $125,000 to $185,000 base salary range (DOE)
- Up to 10% Annual Bonus
- Hybrid Remote out of Secure Chantilly location
- Comprehensive Benefits (100% employer paid – no employee premium)
- $2,800 per year into a Health Savings Account (HSA) for individuals and $5,600 per year for families
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance – $50,000 per employee
- Short Term Disability Insurance (8 days to 12 weeks)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (> 90 days)
- Provides 20 total days of PTO per year (accrued each pay period). This covers “vacation” and “sick” time.
- PTO accruals increase to 25 days after 5 years
- 401(k) provides a direct employer contribution of 6% of salary after one year of employment.
The successful candidate will support management, design, development, and testing activities for prototype and production systems in Electro-Optical space missions.
- Support development of project technical documentation such as ICDs, CONOPS, compliance matrices, technical plans/reports, and MBSE System Models.
- Effectively contribute during all phases of the payload lifecycle, including test planning assistance and execution for sensor characterization, system-level performance verification, and environmental testing.
- Use investigative and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions in the lab and in the field.
- Assist in planning and executing test events and resolving issues encountered, both operational and technical, via standard NCR/FRB/PMPCB processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science (or equivalent combination of experience, training or certifications in detailed technical field(s)).
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering, design, integration, testing, or related experience with space systems, remote sensing ground systems, and/or other complex integrated systems.
- INCOSE ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP certified.
- Hands-on experience with MBSE modeling applications (MagicDraw/Cameo, Sparx, Rhapsody, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, including complex formulas and VBA macro creation.
- Experience with various computing concepts, components, platforms, networking, processing algorithms, etc.
- Hands-on expertise leading troubleshooting and resolution of system level issues.
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Satellite Toolkit.
- Hands-on expertise with passive or active optical systems.
- Experience with optical quality assessment, pointing and radiometric calibration of EO systems.
- Experience in astronomy, physics, or remote-sensing.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.