Senior SRE Manager
Jobot Columbia, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael Oktay
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $160,000 - $230,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in Columbia, MD, we are a public cybersecurity company that services a large chunk of the world's Fortune 500 companies. We have been around for over a decade and we employ over a thousand people.
We are actively looking and interviewing for an experienced and Senior SRE Manager to help us continue to build out a world-class, cutting-edge team embodying the SRE philosophy and methodology. The SRE team owns all of our infrastructure which is currently running on Kubernetes, Helm charts, Terraform in AWS and works closely with the Database Reliability Engineering team.
Why join us?
Top Work Places of 2021 (Washington Post)
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
Vacation and PTO
- Lead a great team of emerging SREs, providing vision and strategic leadership
- Own all infrastructure for our platform, working closely with the SRE team, ensuring its availability, reliability, scalability, fault tolerance and performance
- Foster the adoption of software and systems engineering within the team and mentor individuals in their growth into mature SREs
- Drive the effort to automate every part of our platform to allow it to run and heal itself wherever possible
- Manage the work and priorities of the team (Kanban), to facilitate the reduction of toil work and establish a great toil vs development work balance
- Partner with our development teams to help them build reliable and scalable services, and resolve any production issues as quickly as possible
- Stay abreast of the latest SRE methodologies, and skillfully adopt the appropriate ones
- Foster innovation within the team, and join others carving out the new SRE discipline
- Strong experience managing technical teams, ideally infrastructure-focused
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A proven track record for building great and diverse teams through attracting, recruiting and retaining top engineers.
- Proven record managing agile projects, delivering on time and ideally under budget
- Strong technical background in software and systems engineering, cloud, and proven track record supporting distributed systems at scale
- Change agent, with the ability to skillfully and strategically implement the SRE vision
- Superior people skills, with proven ability to recruit, retain and grow top-notch talent
- Experience leading platform development in compliance with FedRamp requirements
- Solid experience with Kubernetes or similar technology
- Previous use of Kanban and/or Scrum
Solid experience with AWS Stack
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.