Senior Engineer- Injection Molding
Jobot Oceanside, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
We're an innovation company in Life Sciences.
Is looking for a Senior Engineer to lead our injection molding operation and engineering team. This is a “hands on” position responsible for plastic part development, creating molding strategies, participating in mold design development and approval, process development, process validation, as well as assisting to sustain molds and equipment through the product lifecycle.
Senior Engineer will manage plastics and process engineering activity for development, capacity expansion, continuity of supply, and maintenance of business functions.
Why join us?
- This position offers a competitive compensation package
- Medical Benefits
- Uncapped bonus plan.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new plastics and process technologies.
- Lead engineering function in the design, development and manufacturing scale-up of plastics products and platforms
- Identification and selection of plastic materials for ongoing development and material obsolescence
- Identify, select and guide installation of primary and secondary processing equipment.
- Critique of part designs for design for manufacturability an optimum molding performance including use of simulation software to assess manufacturability.
- Evaluate new tool designs for a best mechanical design and optimal molding performance.
- Troubleshoot tooling and process issues with established platforms.
- Coordinate activities with external molders, tool makers, and material suppliers.
- Responsible for developing a process that consistently yields parts conforming to specifications.
- Conduct technology transfer of new products and processes.
- Lead process qualifications and validations with generation of appropriate documentation.
- Develop, document, and validate processes for new injection molds using a scientific molding approach.
- Evaluate and implement changes to existing processes to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership and training to process technicians, operators and other molding personnel.
Lead root cause investigations and corrective action implementation.
- Responsible for process development plans and equipment optimization activities using process analytical tools, DOE methods, risk assessment, plastic part and mold design practices.
- Responsible for completing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews of new product designs, and determining process feasibility and development options.
- Participate on cross-functional project teams to lead and support lean and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Specify primary and secondary plastic processing equipment. Develop project capital, product cost requirements and capital requests.
- Provide status reports to team, management, and customers.
- 4 year BS degree in Engineering; Masters in Engineering a plus
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in injection molding, processing, & molding solutions
- Experience and understanding of scientific molding and structured process development required
- Strong understanding of injection mold design, hot runners, and auxiliary equipment
- Understanding and experience in plastic flow modeling, simulations and interpretations
- Experience with injection molding of medical devices and validation
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem-solving methodology to identify root cause and implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Experience in qualification of complex, high cavitation, tight tolerance injection molds.
- Proficient in use of statistical methods (6 Sigma, DOE), and data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of dimensioning, tolerances, and metrology.
- Proficient with Solidworks or other 3D design software.
- Strong computer skills are required. Must be proficient in Excel.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP software.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
EngineeringView all jobs at Jobot