Senior Application Engineer (Ruby/React) - Remote
Jobot Albany, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Taylor Thibodeau
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
My client is the largest online community and complete resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing.
Why join us?
- The salary range for this full-time position is $110-130,000 based on experience, plus a 10% bonus potential based on company and personal performance.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will build, test, and maintain our web application and API. You will also help drive continuous improvements across the whole Engineering organization by improving processes, tool chain, and architecture; setting conventions; and mentoring individuals.
Senior Application Engineers spend their time building software that allows our users to achieve their goals, owning the design and development of projects from start to finish. They write clean, pragmatic code, and also offer input throughout the product development process, knowing how best to apply technology to business problems. And they work hard to make everyone else around them better, taking an interest in the growth of the team and the people on it.
Some examples of things that will occupy your day-to-day:
- Building a brand new feature or product, working across the entire stack from frontend to backend
- Refactoring a legacy component or system, or improving its performance
- Collaborating on high-level architecture for a solution to be implemented
- Selecting a new framework, library, platform, or other technology
- Turning a mockup into a working product that communicates with a REST API
- Conducting reviews of code written by other engineers
- Running informal internal workshops to educate on best practices
Internally, most of our communication and project logistics happens in Slack, GitHub, Zoom, and Jira.
- 6+ years of experience in software development with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Expertise with front-end web technologies
- Experience with relational database management systems, great database design skills, and experience with in-memory data stores like Redis
- Experience designing and building great REST APIs (and understanding of the JSONAPI standard)
- A strong product development mindset and understanding of product design
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational qualifications. At least six years of professional experience in software development is required.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobot