Senior Accounting Manager
Jobot Burlington, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Megan Seaford
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
Growing Biotech company looking to add to their team due to expansion and company growth!
Why join us?
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible hybrid schedule
- Growth to Assistant Controller within the next year
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Accounting and Reporting. This is a key role that frequently interacts with external auditors and other accounting and finance professionals. We are looking for a professional who has a strong technical background and enjoys all aspects of SEC reporting, technical accounting research and writing, and Sarbanes Oxley monitoring. Our ideal candidate will be someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and become a part of the core accounting team, including participating in month-end close and budget to actual reviews with various departments. As we continue to grow, there will be the opportunity to take on additional responsibility, including management of the general accounting team.
- Working in conjunction with the Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager, manage all aspects of our external SEC filings, including the 10K, 10Qs, and other ad hoc filings
- Update financial statements, footnotes, and MD&A using the Active Disclosure software and create supporting schedules for all footnotes
- Ensure compliance with all SEC and FASB disclosure requirements
- Manage reporting timeline, including developing quarterly reporting calendar and communicating key dates to all internal stakeholders, including Finance, Corporate Communications, and Legal, as well as external stakeholders (auditors and external counsel)
- Coordinate the review of filings by management (Finance Management and Disclosure Committee), auditors, and legal counsel and ensure that all comments received from these parties were updated (if necessary) in the SEC filing
- Review all XBRL tagging to ensure accuracy
- Work closely with the Corporate Communications team to ensure that the earnings release aligns with the 10Q/10K
- Manage quarterly reviews with auditors
- Lead implementation efforts and ongoing monitoring of significant new pronouncements
- Analyze and document technical accounting concepts related to Flexion’s business transactions
- Assist in monitoring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including reviewing existing control matrix and narratives and looking for efficiencies/areas to improve.
- Participate in month-end close and review certain balance sheet account reconciliations prepared by the Finance team, including R&D and commercial accruals
- Participate in quarterly budget-to-actual meetings with departments
- Interact with external auditors and provide audit support as needed
- Complete, document and communicate/present ad-hoc projects and analyses
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience including 4-5 years of public accounting experience
- Experience working for a public company
- Biotech industry experience preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock-based compensation accounting, revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated recent experience in researching and preparing technical accounting memorandums for complex issues and new pronouncements
- Understanding of accounting policies, processes, procedures and internal controls
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented and strong problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines
- Proven ability to interact with and manage external auditors
- Management experience preferred; while this role is originally an individual contributor role, as the team grows there will be an opportunity to have 2-5 direct reports
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jobot