Jobot Troy, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a full service CPA firm dedicated to serving nonprofits, small businesses, and individuals. We offer a suite of services including financial statement preparation, business and individual tax return preparation and planning, IRS and state taxpayer representation, forensic accounting, and more!
The Senior Accountant should have at least 2 years of experience in public accounting, and a well-rounded skill set with tax and financial statement preparation.
Why join us?
- Excellent benefits!
- Outstanding work/life balance!
- Great company culture!
- Room for growth!
Do you love the variety of working in public accounting, but hate the grind of working 2,400 or more hours every year? Are you burned out working crazy hours, weekends, and potentially holidays at your current CPA firm and feeling underappreciated? We do it differently here, and have been called "the best place I've ever worked" by a number of our staff.
We are looking to add the right professionals to our growing team with the following requirements:
- At least 2 years of recent CPA firm experience in both tax and financial statement engagements is required.
- Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Possessing your CPA license is preferred, but not required if you are planning to sit for the exam. Additional accreditations are also a plus (CFE, CFF, ABV, CVA, etc.).
- Must have experience with both tax (individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts, and non-profits) and accounting and financial statements engagements (compilations, reviews, and audits). Quickbooks experience is preferred.
- Business valuation, forensic accounting, litigation support and consulting experience is a plus
- Must possess excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work within a budget, as a member of a team and also independently to complete the tasks assigned
- Must possess strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Prosystem Fx Tax and Prosystem Fx Engagement is preferred.
- Must be able to manage workflow and work in a paperless environment and deliver projects timely and on budget both working in the office and remotely
Compensation is commensurate with experience and abilities and generally starts around $60,000. Position offers the opportunity to work on a diverse client base and a variety of new and on-going projects of various skill levels and challenges. This is an excellent opportunity for career growth and to build your own client base if you endeavor to do so. Firm offers a full suite of benefits including health insurance, group life and disability, optional dental and optical insurance, health savings account, 401(k), paid CPE, a new business commission program, flex-time hours and discretionary bonuses and retirement plan contributions and the ability to work remotely at times.
Paid time off
Work from home
tax and audit: 2 years (Required)
CPA license (Preferred)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and Insurance