Jobot City of Industry, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $130,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Juan Correa
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are the cleanest lead recycling facility in the world and we are committed to meeting or exceeding all applicable environmental standards, including state and local standards which are among the most stringent in the world. Further, as part of the lead battery recycling industry, we serve an important role, ensuring that millions of used car batteries generated every year in the United States are safely recycled and not disposed of in local landfills or shipped to countries with significantly lower environmental standards for recycling.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Equity Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Directs, coordinates and manages activities related to safety affairs at the operations facility by performing the following duties under the direction of Vice President California Operations.
II.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state EHS regulations.
- Communicates with regulators on permitting and regulatory matters.
- Regularly communicates with facility and corporate management concerning Safety regulations.
- Directs investigative testing and monitoring programs.
- Analyzes causes of industrial accidents and health hazards and reports findings to the company and outside agencies. Implements and enforces safety and health policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations. Represents the company in community or industry safety groups and programs. Maintains safety files and records.
- Provides technical guidance to management and provides information to civic organizations, community groups, and governmental agencies regarding, health and safety practices and procedures at the facility; keeps managers and employees alerted as to hazards of working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals and any other hazardous substances.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring the occupational health and safety management system (ISO 45001:2018 Standard).
- Represent the Company as the ISO 45001:2018 Standard Management Representative.
- Maintains an efficient and effective Emergency Response Team for the facility; consults with all departments on design and use of equipment, emergency responsiveness, first aid, fire prevention and safety program; recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated. Participates in the investigations of accidents and injuries for company’s use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations; supervises and coordinates health and safety training programs or media for management and employees.
- Supervises air and biological sampling/monitoring programs; Inspects facilities to detect existing or potential , safety and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated; compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies; oversees the administrations of workers compensations claims.
- Maintains safety staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Maintains safety staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Coordinates training programs and media, which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety awareness.
- Reviews engineering designs when requested, for compliance with safety codes.
- Complies with all, health, safety and housekeeping programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Safety compliance
- 2 – years managerial experience
- Working knowledge of federal and state EHS regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office
IV.POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Job instructional training
- ISO 45001:2018 Standard Training
- Significant environmental air aspects and impacts
- EMS ISO 14001 awareness. Plant EMS objectives and targets
- Safety training for applicable equipment
- Quality system familiarization
- Environmental training applicable to the job
V.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressCity of Industry, CA