SQL Database Developer and DBA (TS/SCI Clearance)
Jobot Springfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $180,000 per year
A bit about us:
The program within the agency is the go-to-platform for the ingestion and surfacing of data within the agency. Its core mission is to provide an analytics and visualization platform for corporate business data sets such as; Information Technology, Cyber, Security, Financial, Contract, Customer Feedback, and Mission Management Activity. Ultimately this team will provide the Agency with the capability for a centralized authoritative data repository, refreshed automatically, from source systems of record and transaction databases along with a range of visualization tools for reporting and delivery to end-users.
We're the prime contractor on a program awarded to provide agile operations, adaptive maintenance, and minor enhancement services to support the maintenance, integration, and ingest of multiple business data sets into an analytic environment. This Intelligence Agency program is focused on human capital data, and also focused on activities to bring in other corporate business data sets such as; Information Technology, Cyber, Security, Financial, Contract, Customer Feedback, and Mission Management Activity. One goal for the program is to provide the Agency with the capability for a centralized authoritative data repository, refreshed automatically, from source systems of record and transaction databases along with a range of visualization tools for reporting and delivery to end-users.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Equity Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
SQL Database Developer and DBA with experience in the design, deployment and support of a SQL based architecture as a foundation for a large data warehouse. Your role as the Database Developer and DBA will be to support the current SQL based data warehouse, and optimize the
future of the platform by designing and deploying a highly available, highly resilient SQL system in Amazon’s JWICS version of AWS, called Commercial Cloud Service, or C2S.
We support a data warehouse that ingests from 30+ separate data sources daily. Based on these data sets, our data warehouse provides the data that drives the analytics in use by the Data Scientists within the Agency.
Desired Core Skills:
Data Ingest - Extensive experience in building data integration pipelines performing the automated ingest of data from multiple data sources database (Oracle, SQL, Informix, MsSQL, Postgres).
· Development: Hands on experience in relational database programming in Microsoft SQL server, writing T-SQL, including complex stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers. Experience in developing and troubleshooting SSIS packages, develop and improve SSRS reports, write stored procedures and functions.
· Database Management & Security: Experience in Installing, configuring, patching and upgrading SQL servers. Able to implement database security and audits at server and database level. Create database maintenance plans, jobs, perform backups and restores, data integrity checks and DR solutions.
· Programming / code development – use of programming and code to automate data ingest functions for the extract and load of data using Visual Studio, C#, Python, etc.
· Job scheduling - scheduling the automated ingest of the data to include error reporting as well as data validation checks using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or WhereScape.
· Data Warehouse Methodology – Perform data modeling following Data Vault 2.0 methodology, Third normal form (3NF), Star Schema, etc.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobot