Remote Software Engineer
Jobot San Francisco, CA
- Posted: 25 days ago
- $110,000 to $150,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $110,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We’re a small company of nerds out to make a big difference. At our company, you’ll be part of teams working on tracking real-time disease outbreaks, helping local law enforcement solve crimes, or creating enterprise architecture to help with tactical decision making. Your talents will be utilized to make a real impact on people’s lives.
Here, we value authenticity and integrity above all else, and we treasure our family-like culture, which we nurture by embracing the unique background, personality, and talents of each individual person. As an employee-managed company, we empower our teams to bring fresh ideas, make decisions, and seek the best solutions for our clients. Simply put, we’re a company of professional software engineers who love what we do.
Why join us?
What We Offer
Comprehensive benefits package to include: Health benefits, flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement and internal employee micro-bonus program
Our core values:
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
We are seeking an experienced REMOTE Back End Engineer, with strong applied Java skills and adept SQL abilities. You must be a skilled Developer who can help facilitate the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by developing, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting test and production environments. You should have a background in IT, systems administration, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis. You should also be a team player; teamwork makes the dream work!
Technologies You’ll Be Using
- Backend: Java, Scala, Go, Groovy, Coffeescript, Python, Shell, Vertica, PostgreSQL
- Environment: Linux, AWS, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Opensource frameworks: Play, SpringBoot, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Redis
- Builds and support provided with: Jira, Confluence, Git, Stash, Gradle, Jenkins, Airflow,
What we’re looking for:
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline AND 8+ years applicable experience
- The ability to pass a thorough background check and a drug test
- 8+ years of experience in designing and deploying enterprise level business or technical application using Java, AWS/PCF, REST services
- Good knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
- Good knowledge of Kafka/event streaming is a plus
- Good knowledge of multi-threaded application design
- Solid SQL schema design and implementation
- Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Hands on experience with Spring Initilizr and SpringBoot, OpenAPI, POJO and YAML
- Strong Knowledge on Fortify & WebInspect to analyze and resolve critical & high category vulnerabilities reported
- Strong problem-solving skills in troubleshooting and maintenance of RESTful web services required
- Strong development skills in Postgres/Versadex/Redis/Oracle, Java & RESTful web services required
- ACTIVE SECRET/TOP SECRET government clearance is preferred (not required for this position)
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience developing API for large enterprise organizations
- Experience with financial and payment industry with exposure to security is a plus
- Experience with Jenkins, Bash scripting, gradle
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressSan Francisco, CA