RN Supervisor - Weekends Only
Jobot Youngsville, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Anae Obee
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
- Warren County’s leader in caring for generations, specializes in skilled nursing home care, rehabilitation, personal care, adult day services and child day care.
- In each of our five facilities, our care is delivered to individuals based on their needs and wishes, rather than following an institutional schedule.
- We consistently strive to maintain a culture of exceeding the expectations of our customers, their families and our employees.
Why join us?
- Health Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance are offered to all full-time and part-time employees and their eligible dependents the 1st of the month following 90 days of employment.
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Optional 403(b) deferred compensation plan to enable employees to set aside funds for retirement. The Rouse Estate matches contributions at increasing levels that correspond to levels of service.
- Directs, evaluates and supervises the nursing services on his/her assigned unites in order to provide continuity of care 24 hours a day assuring quality resident care.
- Assesses nursing needs of assigned patients/residents and plans their care. This involves observing and interpreting the residents’ appearance and behavior observing the residents’ dependence or independence and formulating a plan of care accordingly. This information is communicated to appropriate staff on the unit and care planning (ICP) meetings. Attend care planning if assigned.
- Must have knowledge of residents’ conditions at all times. Observes nursing care is carried out as directed and to ascertain need for additional or modified services. Acts on observations made to ensure quality of care.
- Recognize and interpret symptoms, reporting residents’ conditions and assist with or instituting remedial measures for adverse development including making calls to physician/family and following through with orders received.
- Is available to accompany the Physician during rounds to answer questions, receive instructions, note residents care requirements and implement care needed.
- Assist physician with examinations and procedures as necessary.
- Review lab reports and note/report significant changes or abnormalities for physician’s actions with appropriate follow through.
- Gather information on effectiveness and side effects of medicine and treatments that would aid in deciding whether they should be recorded, changed or discontinued
- Shares information with residents and/or their families concerning condition, treatment, medical and nursing regimen, services available and home policy and procedure. Assists in planning for the resident’s needs after discharge. Communicates families’ wishes and concern about treatment to physician.
- Provides any specialized treatment or procedure to residents needing such service and requiring a professional person. Monitors closely the care of residents requiring special care and treatment by personal observation and inspecting resident’s charts, nurses’ notes and other records. Makes recommendation and follow through for needed changes.
- Sees that duties are assigned to professional and non-professional nursing personnel based on the resident’s needs, available staff and unit needs, maintains adequate staff for each unit’s needs and inspects unit areas to verify that resident needs and quality care are provided.
- Determines whether Administrator, D.O.N., and/or Physician needs to be notified of a particular situation, and makes that notification timely.
- Instructs nursing personnel in new nursing technique or procedures, Rouse policies or use of new equipment in coordination with the Staff Development coordinator.
- Evaluates performances of professional and non-professional nursing personnel assigned to the shift by personal observation and review of resident’s chart, nursing notes and other records.
- Institutes and/or assures appropriate disciplinary action toward obtaining improvements or corrections by nursing personnel when the need arises and in accordance with Rouse Home policies and procedures, i.e., council interview, disciplinary action, evaluations including recommendations for suspensions and terminations.
- Reports to replacement on next tour of duty any changes in condition of residents, any unusual action taken and any general information regarding any administrative action to maintain smooth operation of the Rouse Home.
- Keeps the Director of Nursing informed of all pertinent information so that sufficient information to make valid judgments and decisions can be made.
- Interprets Rouse Home and Nursing procedures to staff members, residents and visitors. Appropriately follows these and supervises staff to assure conformance.
- Maintains general security of the entire building when the full support staff is not available.
- Reviews nursing schedule to ensure adequate staffing and replaces needed staffing as necessary.
- Assists to develop the individual plan of care in collaboration with resident/responsible party and Interdisciplinary Care Team. Adds to resident’s plan of care as resident’s care changes. Supervises nursing to assure the plan of care is consistently and effectively implemented.
- Investigates all resident and employee incidents/accidents and notifies all appropriate personnel. Documents the investigation and completes the incident reports according to policy and procedure.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of LPN’s and Nursing Assistants and making recommendations for continued employment of employees during the 90 day probationary period.
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment in all areas.
- Follows and supervises for consistent implementation of infection control policies.
- Assists with continuous quality improvement committees as directed.
- Attends ongoing educational programs to maintain current knowledge including in-service programs.
- Attends and participates in supervisory meetings, facility/department meetings as required.
- Supports and follows through with management team goals. Performs management duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possess a license as a registered nurse issued by the PA State Board of Nursing Education and Licensure.
- Must have the ability to plan, implement, delegate and supervise the work of others.
- Must have the ability, personality and communication skills to assume cooperation from other staff.
- Must be certified in C.P.R.
- Ability to withstand strenuous physical activity, including constant standing, walking, and lifting residents, as necessary.
- Good finger/hand dexterity for handling instruments/equipment.
- Good visual and aural acuity to detect changes in resident conditions.
- Sincere interest in gerontology.
- Willingness to be potentially exposed to communicable diseases, as well as hostile, irrational residents.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
HealthcareView all jobs at Jobot