R&D Engineer II (C++ Software Developer)
Jobot Evanston, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Reed Huntsman
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are a global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Why join us?
Together, we fuel new ideas, build relationships and help each other realize our greatest potentials. Our professional purpose comes from doing what we love. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 3+ years’ experience or MS
- Work experience with C/C++ (and strongly prefer REST API experience as well)
- Prior experience developing with web/cloud-based technologies
- Technical knowledge and experience with C/C++ or Java/J2EE
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing enterprise applications using Service Oriented Architecture with SOAP/REST and microservices.
- Experience with client server architecture.
- Experience with licensing technologies like FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Operations, or Sentinel RMS.
- Network protocol and computer system knowledge.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
Understands and employs best practices
Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
Works under the general supervision of a development manager
Participates in planning, architecture, and research.
Position is currently remote but eventually ideal candidate would be able to work out of one the following office locations:
Canonsburg, PA, US, 15317 Ann Arbor, MI, US, 48108 Austin, TX, US, 78746 Montreal, Quebec, CA, H3A3G4 Evanston, IL, US, 60201 Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6E2M6 Waterloo, ON, CA, N2J4G8
*Due to the federally mandated COVID-19 vaccination requirement impacting federal contractors, this employer requires employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Tuesday Jan. 4, regardless of work location.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.