Jobot El Monte, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Geo Daguer
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $50,000 - $75,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a financially secure, privately owned company that is committed to Excellence.
From order entry to your door, we guarantee satisfaction, or we will make it right, EVERY TIME!
Join our team!
Why join us?
Competitive Base Salary!
401K matching + medical/dental/vision insurance!
40 hour work weeks are the rule, not the exception.
High level autonomy in the position
Please Note: You must be able to work 100% On-site at our facility. We are an essential business and remote is not an option. All appropriate health and safety guidelines are being adhered to and expanded.
This role is Direct Hire, but could also be Contract to Hire (Hired after 3 months as a contractor). Depends on your experience and background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain customer inventory levels and inventory turns as set by the customer.
- Communicate and meets with assigned vendors to solve service level pricing or logistics issues as directed by management.
- Attend sales meetings or customer calls to become familiar with customer promotions, preferences and purchasing and vendor requirements.
- Create/review purchase orders considering sales figures, seasonal trends, promotions, commitments, new authorizations, minimum shipments, code life and inventory returns
- Contacts carriers to expedite late or critical shipments.
- Coordinate with the Freight Manager and customer to handle freight related issues
- Coordinate return of merchandise to vendors as directed by management.
- Generate purchase orders for assigned vendors and items including inventory levels, service level, turns, spoils and aging by working in tandem with the customer to drive positive results.
- Review all cost changes, maintain accurate costs on purchase orders.
- Communicate timely and accurate information flow with the operations on item changes.
- Work closely with operations to develop and execute seasonal programs for customers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean work environment, may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- May assist with vendor, customer and item set up.
- May perform other duties as needed to assist with operations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- An Associate’s degree or a high school diploma (or equivalent) with minimum two years of purchasing experience (food/warehouse/logistics industry preferred) is required.
- The employee must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point).
- Experience with Target or related ERP system is necessary.
- The employee must demonstrate proficiency with Target within 90 days of hire.
- The employee must be highly proficient in written and verbal communication in English and be highly proficient in math and analytical skills to calculate ratios, percentages and interpret bar graphs.
- He/she will have excellent negotiation skills with vendors and customers, and display a solid background in inventory management, customer demands, and warehouse/logistics.
- The position is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day.
- Time of initial start may vary with work hours typically 8am-5pm.
- Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs.
- The employee may be required to work overtime and holidays or weekends.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressEl Monte, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Jobot