Project Manager - Civil Engineering
Jobot Charleston, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Keith Otis
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $72,000 - $92,000 per year
A bit about us:
Construction firm believes in providing extraordinary results to our clients and an exceptional working environment for our employees. We support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration, and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation, and teamwork.
Why join us?
The solutions we bring to our clients are steeped in deep expertise. Come with your love of learning, entrepreneurial spirit, and collaborative nature. In turn, we will provide the opportunities, coaching, and hands-on experiences that enable you to explore your passion and make an impact.
With our technology, our vision, and especially our talented professionals, we ensure our clients receive the best possible advisement. We provide you with the perfect environment to perform at your best and make a huge impact on organizational growth!!
* Gold level benefits
* Caring company culture
* Competitive compensation - $72-92k depending on experience
The Project Manager is accountable for managing and ensuring the completion of civil engineering and construction projects. You strive to maximize efficiency and productivity by smoothly managing scope, priorities, and contingencies. The ideal candidate should have a natural fascination for managing construction projects, possess expert knowledge in the subject matter, and have a continuous improvement mind. You must be an effective communicator and manager of resources, including people.
Must-Have Experience, If this sounds like you??... Lets talk!
- 10+ years work history in managing construction projects
- Expertise with Microsoft Project and MS Office, and general computer knowledge
- Exceptional financial, time management, communication, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and relevant City/State construction codes
- Highly organized, concise, and able to perform well under stress to meet deadlines
- Effective communicator and manager
Scope of responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the civil engineering and construction projects
- Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget, and overall success of multiple, new and modernization, school projects
- Resolves complex planning, design, and construction project-related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Develops, assigns, and monitors the performance of Assistant Facility Development Managers (AFDM), Design Managers (DM), and Design professionals relative to assigned projects
- Reviews status and overall planning, design, and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules.
- Reviews project through all development phases and assess status, progress, and potential
- Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion
- Assists project team staff with A/E contracts, bid, and contract planning
- Reviews and verifies Design Professional contract scope, fees, and applications for payment, and performs overall fiscal management of multiple projects
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration, and quality control
- Coordinates project activities, requirements, and schedules with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Project Execution, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, local Educational Service Centers and site personnel
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
**TO GET YOUR APPLICATION LOOKED AT QUICKLY, PLEASE EMAIL RESPONSES TO THESE QUESTIONS TO https://apply.jobot.com/jobs/project-manager-civil-engineering/1579691229/?utm_source=ZipRecruiter
AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED!**
1. Please tell me about your current job responsibilities and how they relate to this role.
2. What is your highest education/degree level?
3. What is your preferred location? Open to remote?
4.Are you open to a contract role?
5. What is your expected salary?
Follow me here - linkedin.com/in/keith-otis/
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.