Jobot Charlotte, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Eli Mandelbaum
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a privately held, national commercial real estate firm. We specialize in the development of build-to-suit, multifamily, and mixed-use projects. We have developed over 15 million sq. feet of properties valued at over $5 billion. We have multiple projects for Fortune 500 companies and have refined our approach to developing real estate.
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishes all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manages options list and provides accurate pricing of each.
- Assists estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manages compilation of GMP documents.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
- Oversees the preparation of weekly
monthly reports on project progress.
- Leads project meetings.
- Regularly updates the project schedule with the Project Manager.
- Manages subcontractor change orders.
- Reviews and responsibility for accuracy of entire subcontractors’ and suppliers’ pay requests; oversee the approval process.
- Analyzes job costs and manages the project to the closing budget.
- Helps Project Managers resolve issues on the project level.
- Logs and distributes new project documentation.
- Resolves subcontractor disputes.
- Provides documentation and directs Contract Coordinator in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Provides assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Project Manager and Contract Coordinator.
- Perform performance evaluations quarterly for construction Associates.
- Ensures Associates and subcontractors are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Addresses warranty issues and completes final documentation.
- Assist Safety Director by providing necessary reports and representing the Company on OSHA inspections.
- Creates a highly motivated team of Associates and trade partners in the community.
What You Need for this Position
Education and Experience Requirement:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 5 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state-approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up, and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction-related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.