Jobot Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jessica Porter
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $115,000 - $125,000 per year
A bit about us:
A growing manufacturing company is looking for a Plant Controller to join their team.
Why join us?
- Rapidly growing organization
- Strong company culture
- Excellent benefits
Reporting to VP of Operations
Responsible for the following:
- Building action plans to address gaps to target/standard, to increase plant performance, including developing, calculating, analyzing and reporting key performance metrics.
- Maintain the company cost accounting system; recommending improvements where needed
- Develop a documented system of cost accounting policies and procedures while considering appropriate internal controls, related to cost accounting function of standard costing, inventory count, inventory valuation, and reverses.
- Oversee and participate in the monthly and year-end closing process, including journal entry preparation.
- Ensure that standard cost is in-line with expected experiences for material, labor and overhead for all production orders.
- Support analyses of potential excess and antiquated inventory.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of bill of materials.
- Calculate and update labor and overhead rates on a periodic basis.
- Build manufacturing variance reports to identify issues and implement corrective actions.
- Completes monthly reconciliation of inventory, purchase price variances and manufacturing reports highlighting product rework, manufacturing efficiencies and capital expenditures.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Partner with the operations team on the coordination of physical inventory.
- Highly motivated with a strong attention to detail, proficient written and oral communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and streamline processes.
- Experience working with an ERP system (MS Dynamics AX365 strongly preferred)
- Strong working knowledge & proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in Manufacturing a requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in accounting within a manufacturing environment
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jobot