Plant Accounting Manager II
Jobot Waxahachie, TX
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are the leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, we offer more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Generous paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Tuition assistance
- Product discounts
- And more!
Key partner in multi-technology manufacturing operations through monitoring financial performance measures, providing financial analysis to management, and providing financial consultation. Responsible for the integrity of all financial information originating within assigned manufacturing location(s) including understanding complex monthly allocation processes and guiding the plant on appropriate cost center utilization. Calculate and analyze product costs, perform regular audits of costs and related master data, and complete month-end controlling processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support creation of annual operating plan for plant controllable operating expense and capital expenditures
- Maintain variance analysis to plan and reforecast plan during the plan year
- Perform the annual product cost standard setting process, periodic updates as required, and daily development of the product costs
- Prepare all journal entries and account reconciliations on a monthly basis, including complex correcting journals or analytical schedules that support reserves
- Analyze plant financial data, including cost center reports, activity rates, variances and inventory valuation. Prepare flux analysis and complex ad hoc financial analysis.
- Complete the timely and accurate completion of month-end, year-end and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Perform error resolution/root cause analysis and implement process changes
- Identify and implement strategic initiatives to improve efficiencies and customer service
- Create accurate and concise verbal and written communications to internal departments and external business partners about accounting-related information
- Manage special projects individually or as part of a cross-functional team, ensuring timely decision making and completion
- Manage, perform and interpret data analytics to assist in business decisions
- Support accounting policy implementation and training of plant accounting personnel. Enforce, support and seek to enhance the procedures around internal controls through cooperation and collaboration with the Internal Audit Department.
- Maintain secure control of accounting-related documentation such as invoices, checks, journal entries and financial statements
- Maintain accurate job aids for all duties assigned
- No supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- Eight (8) years of experience in accounting or finance
- Six (6) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment with plant managers and other business partners with an emphasis on cost analysis
- Experience in assisting with development of financial justifications for capital expenditures and performance improvement projects
- Knowledge of query, reporting and data analysis tools
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookup, graphs, pivot tables)
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal customers
- Proven analytical problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop new ideas and solutions
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Works well in a team environment, working towards the common goal of the department as a whole
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) or Certified Management Accountant (“CMA”), preferred
- SAP experience, preferred
- Supervisory experience with strong leadership and management skills, preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Requires a favorable motor vehicle report upon hire
- Additional work hours during critical times of the year including weekends and evenings
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and Insurance