Jobot Temple, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Michael Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a custom manufacturing company of cutting edge power equipment!
The Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities in New Product Development and/or Sustaining. The ideal Mechanical Engineer candidate will have a strong background in CAD engineering and analysis tools (CREO, ANSYS, Windchill, etc.)
hydraulics or hydraulic component design. They will also have strong communication skills, and be able to manage their projects with little oversight.
Why join us?
- Well-established company with over 50 years in business!
- Excellent benefits!
- Room for growth in a rapidly expanding company!
- Outstanding work/life balance!
We are an industry leader in developing custom hydraulic solutions. We have a proven history of planning and adaptation that helps us maintain a leadership position in our industry year over year. Key to that success is hiring the right people to join our team, combined with a commitment to our long-term employees to provide opportunities for internal advancement, which creates the perfect mix of institutional knowledge and fresh ideas.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our New Product Development team. The right candidate must have a strong background in the designing of machined and welded components. A comprehensive knowledge of sealing technology and mobile hydraulics is also a strong plus. All team members joining us must also have strong communication skills, and be able to manage projects with little oversight.
- Technical understanding of the design and manufacture of Rotary Actuators
- Experience with engineering CAD and analysis tools (CREO, ANSYS, Windchill etc.)
- Experience with material science applied to mechanical engineering
- Review, develop, and prepare project documentation following industry and internal standards
- Effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other departments both written and orally.
- Develop DFMEAs and subsequent Test plans in order to mitigate design risks
- Understanding of industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ANSI, ABS, DNV etc…)
- Develop engineering sketches, specifications and related data in order to determine design factors such as size, shape and layout of new designs.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Finance in order to ensure designs are streamlined for manufacturability through design reviews
- Evaluate and approve designs and specification changes through continuous improvement
- Be able to assist with reliability testing
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in related field
- 3 years’ experience in rotary actuators or gear design
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and be able to embrace multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimum guidance
- Able to work without sponsorship
Product Development - Includes hydraulic product planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for development 'activities; Makes self-available to supporting staff;
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information using engineering best practices and tools
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Manages project team activities.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to scalability; Demonstrates knowledge of software and systems.
Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Development software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
We offer industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, PTO and a 401k plan with company match.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jobot