Jobot Memphis, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Justin Rice
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $135,000 per year
A bit about us:
With a reputation of excellence, innovation and client responsiveness, We have established ourselves as a firm of choice for quality service. The passionate and indefatigable spirit of our founders is now the driving force behind every decision made as we too help our clients move their dreams and visions from sketch pads to reality.
We are a full-service consulting, engineering, management and operations firm assisting public and private clients to improve the environment and public infrastructure.
Our service sectors include planning, civil, environmental, transportation, structural, water resources and water and wastewater engineering, program and construction management, the development of plans, specifications and estimates along with a cadre of other design engineering and construction phase services.
Why join us?
We are Founded On Making a Difference in our Communities
One of the Largest Minority Owned Engineering Firms in the Country
Opportunity for Leadership
Benefits, PTO, Work Life Balance
Competitive Compensation Packages
We are seeking an experienced MEP Engineer/Designer for our rapidly growing practice in Memphis, TN. As an integral member of the Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) team, the MEP Engineer/Designer produces construction documents to fulfill clients’ goals. This position is also responsible to QA/QC construction documents, provide design ideas and solutions, and train or mentor other Designers, Operators or Engineers.
- Develops, modifies and reviews Revit models of plumbing and HVAC systems and components according to established standards and Revit modeling techniques, based on input from the engineering team.
- Creates project drawings from the Revit model.
- Organizes and maintains Revit models and AutoCAD documents for multiple projects.
- Designs projects in a team environment and mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff.
- Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Performs all work in a clear, complete, and accurate manner.
- Uses Revit to check the design for interferences with other building elements, resolves conflicts with other team members.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for drawings.
- Produces equipment schedules, making changes and adjustments as necessary with input from the engineering team as required.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying drafting principles for drawings.
- Implements and utilizes COMPANY Engineers Standards for projects and processes.
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to engineering practices, principles and regulations changes.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of building codes.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical [mechanical] systems and equipment.
- Ability to design and model simple and complex plumbing systems or large plumbing systems.
- Ability to produce coordinated floor plans, riser diagrams, and isometrics with limited guidance of more senior staff.
- Ability to interpret consultant design documents (for instance kitchen consultant's equipment layouts, equipment schedule and catalog cuts) and design the necessary plumbing system.
- Select plumbing equipment and layout the required equipment space.
- Coordinate with technology and electrical designers to coordinate the requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of plans, sections diagrams and equipment schedules, and drawings.
- Proficiency in Revit, including BIM and AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to perform standard computer drafting functions using Revit and AutoCAD and be able to resolve design conflicts.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience required.
- PE license in Texas preferred but not required.
- Five years of drafting experience working on one or more of the following building types: K-12, higher education, commercial, corporate, institutional and civic, justice, science and technology, aviation or healthcare facilities.
- Experience working and coordinating with integrated teams.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jobot