Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Jobot Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $200,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mike Duffy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered. We believe that together as physicians, we can heal the system, restore purpose and meaning in day-to-day operations, and infuse care and health back into healthcare.
*The Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting will work closely with the VP of Accounting and support all 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K filings using EDGAR.
*The ideal candidate MUST have an active CPA and strong experience working with EDGAR.
*Experience with S-1 / S-4 and healthcare companies is a HUGE plus.
Why join us?
- High-growth company recently listed on NYSE!
- Partial Remote flexibility!
- Excellent benefits!
- Outstanding company culture!
- Meaningful mission statement- help millions of people receive better care!
Reporting to the Vice President of Accounting (“VPA”), the SEC Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager (“FRM”) directs and oversees preparation and distribution of all external financial reporting documents and related SEC filings. The FRM ensures that reports, filings, and documentation comply with Company regulations, professional standards, and SEC and GAAP reporting guidelines. The FRM oversees technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards, advises management of trends and changes in reporting requirements, and recommends better practices related to changes in reporting. Additionally, this position supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. Initially, this role will be an individual contributor with the possibility of managing direct reports as business needs evolve.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Accounting Degree (or Business / Finance).
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting, a healthcare background is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3 years’ SEC reporting experience.
- CPA certification required.
- NetSuite / SmartView and EDGAR experience required.
- Thorough working knowledge completing / filing Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K is required.
- Candidates with S-1 / S-4 experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and proactive. Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet critical timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft technical accounting memos to support conclusions.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must have strong acumen for holding parties accountable to their committed deliverables.
- Must be able to multi-task and have attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of Senior Leadership and Executive Management.
- Must be motivated and be able to articulate themselves verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10-K) and material events (8-K) and supporting schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining and publishing 6-month rolling financial reporting schedules and time commitments for specific deliverables required of the Accounting and Finance Team as well as other key contributors to the financial reporting process.
- Assists in preparation for analyst meetings / press releases / quarterly earnings calls.
- Works with VPA to review and maintain key drivers of financial performance.
- Collaborates with VPA, Controller and Business Analyst in automating the Company’s financial reporting package(s).
- Interfaces with external auditors as needed on matters related to SEC reporting.
- Assists in preparation of the monthly and quarterly management reporting packages and reviews financial information included in the package.
- Prepares and maintains SEC disclosure checklists (quarterly and annual).
- Assists in ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements; assists in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Acts as a technical accounting resource by assisting with researching, resolving, and documenting accounting issues as they arise.
- Leads financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches, and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, PCAOB, FASB, and other regulatory agencies and prepares technical accounting memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on its financial statements.
- Helps on special projects assigned by VPA and Executive Leadership.
- All SEC Filings completed on or ahead of schedule (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K) – including disclosure checklists / questionnaires and completion of external auditor review(s) and annual report issuance.
- Updated library of Company’s technical memorandums to be completed and submitted for external auditor review prior to the close of each quarter-end.
- Thorough coordination, review and collection of comments on the various drafts; preparation of support files; and the ability to challenge appropriateness of disclosures.
- Thorough maintenance of quarterly reporting timetables and monitoring of progress against reporting cycle deliverables – holding responsible parties accountable to timelines.
- Effective monitoring, applicability and interpretation of developing and emerging accounting and reporting rules deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulatory bodies.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressLas Vegas, NV