Jobot Atlanta, GA
- Posted: 10 days ago
- $120,000 to $150,000 Yearly
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a multi-studio, multidisciplinary firm comprised of interior designers, architectural designers, environmental graphic designers, brand creators & digital designers collaborating to craft unique retail experiences. We create and translate brands across digital and physical touchpoints from strategy to implementation. We make experiences real.
Why join us?
This is your opportunity to play a very important role in our company's mission to create outstanding a memorable brand and retail experiences. Your work will directly influence how a customer feels when engaging and interacting with our client's brand. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional that is passionate about implementing solutions that truly transform a client's ability to create meaningful and memorable experiences with their customers.
In this position, the industrial designer will join our Retail Experience Design team as a key contributor in the design, documentation, application and implementation of signage and wayfinding programs as well as customized millwork, brand components and digital integration throughout all phases of development. The industrial designer will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and consultants as well as clients, to deliver projects ranging from retail store & corporate workplace components to complex signage & wayfinding strategies.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to design exterior signage, wayfinding signage, brand components and millwork from conception through detailed documentation
- Develop designs through sketches, 3D models, 2D drawings, prototypes, and renderings
- Coordinate the preparation of drawing sets as required for the assigned project including coordination with technical, administrative, and other design staff
- Review work to ensure accuracy and red line shop drawings to assure alignment with design intent
- Research, review, interpret, and understand written design standards, regulations, code compliance, and permit requirements and apply them to design projects
- Collaborate with branding designers to inform the design logos during the creation of a new brand; translate them into a family of signs; and apply that to a network of preexisting conditions
- Develop hierarchal systems of sign types, messaging and communication strategies
- Specify and document material, finishes and graphic standards for signage
- Analyze and assess existing conditions to develop informed recommendations
- Prepare final documentation including message schedules, sign location plans, sign type drawings, and site/building infrastructure requirements
- Regularly present design work to various decision-makers and implement feedback
- Manage relevant contributors through the design process, including internal and external subject matter experts, and outside consultants
- Work closely with the design team and project managers in the development of project delivery strategies, agendas, schedules & budgets from initial design phase through project completion
- Act as subject matter expert to support and teach fellow studio members and peers
- Own, manage and execute multiple projects at a time
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Industrial Design, Product Design or other related arts field
- 7-10+ years professional experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or, Sketch-Up, and other software programs relative to the discipline to develop technically accurate, clean, and deliverable drawings
- Working knowledge of the mechanics of signage fabrication internal and external sign illumination, methods of construction and types of sign support
- Understands the integration of the components on a site or to building infrastructure (ie exterior façade reclamation, electrical requirements, structural support, etc)
- Expert visual sense and understanding of typography, composition, multiple media platforms, legibility, standards development, documentation, fabrication and implementation
- Familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communicator
- Analytical thinker who is energized by solving problems through design
- Strong organization skills to juggle multiple tasks while adhering to tight deadlines with the ability to effectively manage time and work within a budget
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.