IT Infrastructure Engineer
Jobot Santa Rosa, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jasper Posner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per year
A bit about us:
Do you love living in California but feel like the cost of living is so high that you just can't save up enough to buy a house? Or are you just looking for more space and to be closer to nature? This is the opportunity that you've been looking for to make your dreams come true. A local bank in the Redwood country of Northern California (90 minutes North of San Francisco) with over 100 year track record of stable growth and serving the community is hiring an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to report to the Head of IT. This is an in office position so is not available for remote work, but considering the gorgeous surroundings, why would you want to? This area is world famous for it's towering redwood and oak trees, lakes, rivers, and nearby rugged coastline like something you'd find in a Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movie. Rents for a fully renovated 2 bedroom apartment in this area are as low as $900 and single family homes rent for as little as $1,100. The area boasts world class wineries, excellent restaurants, a historic downtown full of locally owned shops, and good schools, endless outdoor activates and San Francisco is just 90 minutes down the road. If you're an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer with a dream of living comfortably and putting down roots in one of the most gorgeous areas in California, please apply now. Your dream job awaits!
Why join us?
What's in it for you?
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- A commitment to on the job and curriculum-based career development and training
- Competitive base compensation plus overtime
- Full benefits
- 401k + match
- Paid time off, sick time, vacation, etc.
- Potential for Relocation/Sign-on Bonus
We are seeking a well rounded IT Professional with experience in most of the following areas: IT Architecture, Cloud Computing, Data Centers, Network Administration, Server Management, Storage, Database Management, ITIL Principles. Technical Writing and Project Management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, maintain, monitor, and support infrastructure environments and data center facilities
- Act as technical liaison between the IT Infrastructure team and Business Systems Analysts to provide insight into upcoming implementations and strategies including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Works across teams to ensure IT system upgrades, deployments and maintenance are conducted with minimal impact to the operation.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate IT Infrastructure security, providing ongoing recommendations and reporting any issues when appropriate.
- Participate in design, implementation and execution of backup and disaster recovery.
- Implement and maintain a global VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and maintain various bank systems, including a multi-tiered storage environment; global Active Directory; Clustered File Server; various multi-vendor server hardware, including blade and rack-mounted servers as well as converged infrastructure platforms; web and application servers for production and disaster recovery environments; and the Bank telephone system.
- Define, implement, and monitor solutions and tools that automate and alert on systems and network performance and issues
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure-related emergencies as well as off-hours system maintenance
- Assists in training bank employees with hardware and software utilization and maintenance.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, edit and keep current documentation including project plans, project proposals, technical operation documentation, procedure documentation, network diagrams, data flow diagrams, technical support documentation, and scope of work documentation.
- Complete risk management tasks for areas of responsibility or as assigned including but not limited to: required risk assessments are completed and revisited at required intervals; all vendor management due diligence, risk assessments, monitoring and other documentation is completed for new and existing technology vendors as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) (Bachelors Degree strongly preferred)
- 5 years of experience in general Data Center Management
- 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in a network administration role
- 5 years of experience with computing server and hardware management
- 5 years of experience with systems administration
- 5 years of experience with SAN technologies
- VMware certification
- MCSE, MCITP, and CCNP certifications
- VCP or CCNA certification
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience
- Experience with HP and Dell servers and/or Nutanix converged infrastructure
- Experience with computing support roles desired, including security administration, service desk, and operating system support
- Working technical knowledge of Linux operating systems (i.e., RHEL and Ubuntu)
Please apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Jobot