Human Resources Generalist
Jobot Seattle, WA
- Posted: 16 days ago
- $40,000 to $70,000 Yearly
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $40,000 - $70,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client is a manufacturer of climate control solutions for on and off-road heavy machinery, military, rescue and agricultural vehicles. They are a vertically aligned manufacturer with engineering, design, testing, manufacturing and aftermarket parts operations.
Based in Seattle, Washington, the company has been continually in business since 1965 and currently employs 450+ employees at various locations including Seattle, Memphis TN, Cleveland OH and Ipswich UK
Why join us?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Generalist is to provide administrative and technical assistance to the HR Department, company leadership and employees in the areas of general administration of HR functions. This position is required to be knowledgeable in the day to day operations of the department and works with minimal supervision while expected to use initiative and judgement in carrying out the routine responsibilities within the framework of the department policies and procedures.
Must be able to prioritize work individually and as a group to ensure time sensitive tasks are completed. The ability to work autonomously and independently, and have the ability to make decisions on behalf of the Company, using best practices, judgement, and seek guidance from the HR Manager when needed.
As a member of the HR team, he/she must abide by all Human Resources principles and objectives including confidentiality, projecting a positive impression of the company and maintaining a respectful atmosphere.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
1. Support the business by delivering best practices in HR and advise the impact of HR issues and associated risks to the company.
2. Act as an ambassador and project a “good company image” at all times. Lead by example by maintaining a positive, solution-oriented approach and demonstrating leadership to team members.
3. Regularly update the HR Team regarding new and updated information pertaining to HR matters to ensure consistent information is given to employees.
4. Analyze and provide advice to supervisors on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems. Provide consultation to supervisors and employees on the interpretation of Company and personnel policies, programs and procedures.
5. Identify and address concerns immediately and determine ways to resolve them expediently. Make recommendations to management regarding solutions.
6. Is aware of and actively supports the achievement of departmental goals. Implement new company initiatives as assigned and work to drive change at all levels.
7. Actively participate in the ongoing creation of and updating of SOPs regarding HR Generalist responsibilities.
8. Ensure compliance with all local, State and Federal regulating entities by ensuring all documents, data, information, files and records are updated accordingly.
9. Attend and participate in the required departmental meetings.
10. With advice from the HR Manager, research and provide company defense documentation and represent the company in EEOC, ESD and L&I claims, suits and appeals.
11. Assist the HR Manager with processing government-related surveys and reports.
12. In the absences of the HR Assistant/Coordinator, process new hires, transfers and terminations and communicate changes to the Payroll department.
13. Regularly review/research HRIS and other database programs for most effective/efficient programs for the department
14. Acts as a back to the HR Manager in his/her absence.
15. Continue own education by staying informed of industry trends and learning new skills. Take advantage of professional development activities when possible.
Benefits, Worker’s Compensation and Leave Administration
16. Act as a resource for employees regarding benefits questions on all programs.
17. Act as main liaison between organization and external resources, including brokers, providers, and vendors regarding benefits, benefits administration and worker’s compensation claims. Process all documentation and maintain appropriate files. Ensure second level appeals are communicated to and processed through the HR Manager.
18. Manage annual open enrollment process and ensures all information is collected accurately and timely and submitted by established deadlines.
19. Ensure HRIS feed to carriers are operational and help facilitate any troubleshooting needed.
20. Manage self-insured work related injury programs; advise staff of correct and appropriate action; work as intermediary between employee, medical providers and employee’s leadership team in developing light duty job offers; oversee company’s return-to-work program. Communicate with the HR Manager of any possible ADA accommodations needed or possible high risk claims. Ensure the HR team is kept up to date on all claims.
21. Assists the HR Manager with the oversight of and participates with supervisory personnel in disciplinary, counseling and termination proceedings.
22. Help supervisors prepare coaching and counseling write-ups, verbal and written warnings. Assist Supervisors in issuing reprimands if needed.
23. Counsels with employees on policies and work related problems and assisting in the solutions and conflict resolutions received from management and employees.
24. Assists the HR Manager in conducting routine employee investigations and proposing resolutions based on findings.
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources programs and administration. Extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Strong customer service tool box:
o Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
o Strong follow-through, quick thinking and resourceful.
o Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations.
Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills:
o Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume regulated environment amongst multiple interruptions and competing demands.
o Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
Level Requirements (Minimum): *
AA or equivalent degree and/or PHR/SHRM-CP certification, preferred. A combination of education, training, and experience will be evaluated for equivalency.
Additional continuing education credits/hours preferred in HR areas.
Two (2) years of full proficiency experience working in all fields of the HR profession including payroll, timekeeping, benefits, recruitment, work related injuries, writing statistical reports, performance appraisals, dispute resolution and training.
Previous experience conducting presentations in front of groups required.
Verifiable knowledge of government laws and rules covering all aspects of benefits, recruiting, record keeping, work related injuries, and employees’ rights required.
Strong computer knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with HRIS Systems. Able to maintain written and computer records in accordance with regulatory agencies.
Current membership in field-related professional organizations, such as SHRM, is preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
BusinessView all jobs at Jobot