Jobot Walnut Creek, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mordy Ornguze
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $80,000 - $130,000 per year
A bit about us:
We're looking for a creative and innovative General Manager to join our Marriott Walnut Creek Hotel team. Our newly renovated hotel is just 2 blocks from the Walnut Creek BART station and convenient to San Francisco, Oakland and the rest of the Bay area. A premier green-certified hotel in downtown Walnut Creek, a short drive to Napa Valley.
The General Manager Position is a highly visible management position that requires a strong and experience leader with the ability to manage the hotel’s operations, maintain established cost and quality standards, maximize profits and maintain established revenue.
Why join us?
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
Key Essential Responsibilities:
- Oversees overall day-to-day hotel operations as delegated by our President or COO.
- Develops short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the company. Prepares the annual hotel budget.
- Generates through proper supervision of assigned departments projected revenue levels as well as guest satisfaction.
- Meets assigned departmental budgets and monitors financial statements.
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and monthly financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Hires and manages employees under your direct supervision, including performing performance evaluations, as well as training and development.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action. Ensures proper handling of guest complaints.
- Implements and maintains local and national sales/marketing programs.
- Establishes and maintains a proactive human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Establishes and maintains applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Maintains a security function which protects both the assets of the hotel and the personal safety of employees and guests.
- Implements and maintains effective two-way communication systems which cross departmental lines and reach all employees.
- Develops new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence. Ensures that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Housekeeping and Front Office departments.
- Maintains company standards in all Food and Beverage outlets.
- Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Remains current on business trends and local activities.
- Establishes and maintains an appropriate level of community involvement.
- May be responsible for completing Manager on Duty reports.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President or COO, as applicable
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum four (8) years of previous experience as a General Manager at a similar size, full-service hotel, preferably with Marriott experience and a tracking record of success.
- Strong customer service required
- Strong mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets
- Ability to demonstrate financial results through strong sales and revenue management efforts and overall management and control of P&L
- Familiar with Walnut Creek, CA and Contra Costa County markets preferred
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressWalnut Creek, CA