Jobot Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $150,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Karl Williams
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $40,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
Jobot has partnered with the largest independent title company in the United States. Their team has grown and prospered and now serves its statewide customers with over 90 branch offices serving the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Beaumont, Austin, San Antonio, Rio Grande Valley, Northeast Texas, and Coastal Bend metroplexes.
Today, the closing teams within our company represent some of the most experienced and reliable residential and commercial escrow officers in the title industry. We assist over a thousand people a month in realizing their dream of home ownership. We count as our customers leading residential and commercial real estate professionals locally, statewide and nationally.
Today we base our business philosophy on a strong set of values and ideals, which help to guide team members towards our goal of delivering excellence to each of our customers.
Please apply if you are interested in learning more.
Why join us?
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
The Escrow Accountant is responsible for performing account management and reconciliations, ensuring accurate data, and reporting status updates. Additionally, the Escrow Accountant assesses reconciliation policies and procedures, performs reconciliations, and recommends improvements for managing incoming and outgoing wires.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily matching of receipts written to actual deposits to all escrow accounts to ensure timely receipt and deposit of funds.
- Weekly monitoring of individual guaranty files and escrow bank accounts for shortages and determination of necessary transfers.
- Prepare monthly "shorts and overs " reports and follow-up with closing teams.
- Serves as a back-up in opening and closing client-directed escrow investment accounts, to include preparation of monthly reports of escrow investments to Head of Operations and posting to State Boards of Insurance.
- Monthly bank reconciliation of all escrow accounts.
- Monthly review of outstanding escrow checks over 60 and 90 days old. Communication with closing teams and clients to ensure checks are cleared and disposition of funds are finalized.
- Coordinate with software provider support staff to produce various reports and solve various problems with the closing teams that might occur within the escrow accounting software.
- Maintenance and disposition of escrow funds eligible for escheat.
- Compilation and review of working papers necessary for the preparation of the annual Escrow Audit Report. Coordination with outside auditors for final submission to the states.
- Daily postings of receipts and deposit schedule. Generation of weekly and monthly income reports and premium receivables schedules.
- Quarterly reconciliation and preparation of the State Board of Insurance guaranty fee report.
- Preparation of commission reports paid to fee offices.
- Cross-train in other duties, as needed.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective teamwork and partnership skills
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience within an office environment
- Willing to learn and help wherever needed
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of executives, peers, and employees
- Understand the necessity to maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Ability to learn new computer software systems
Education / Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred. two to five years' experience required in banking and / or title.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required. Experience with title software (SoftPro, ResWare, etc.) preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Not required. Position is located in Dallas, TX.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
Finance and Insurance