Electro-Optical Payload Engineer
Jobot Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick Murray
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in the great states of Washington and Virginia, we are a geoscientific intelligence information powerhouse that gives our clients and customers the power to harness data from space, sensors, mobile equipment, and electronics in order to deliver on their operations. We have a 150+ employees nation wide and are growing leaps and bounds this year as well!
Our customers rely on us because they need to be the first to know. We need you in order to be that first! This is why we are urgently hiring for a Spacecraft Payload Engineer. The full-time position will be able to be fully REMOTE as well.
If you feel like you could be a fit for your Electro-Optical Payload Systems Engineer, please feel free to apply directly!
Why join us?
We connect the vast frontier of Space and the world of Data. The technologies we create always have an impact on the real world and help to create better one. We help bridge the gap prediction, AI, data and change! By working here, we will give you the chance to impact industries, change how businesses operate, and possibly alter the course of history itself.
As the (WFH) Payload Electro-Optical Engineer, we offer:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Package
- 100% Medical Coverage
- 100% Work From Home
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Accelerated Career Growth
- Excellent PTO
- Full-Time Position, Stable/Growing Company
- Modern Environment
- State of the Art Technology
- Develop specifications for future space-based imaging systems
- Perform key opto-mechanical design and/or key optical design activities
- Provide technical oversight to external imaging payload design activities
- Provide technical oversight to procurement of imaging payloads
- Support the ground qualification and test of future imaging systems
- Support the commissioning of each new imaging system after launch
- Resolve any on-orbit failures or anomalies that arise during the life of the imaging system
- Support the development of the processes and tools to autonomously characterize, monitor, and improve the performance of on-orbit imaging systems
- Contribute extensive experience in payload design and performance to improve the portfolio of our imagery products
- Experience designing, building and testing on space based payloads
- Background, training or education in either optics, opto-mechanics or opto-thermo mechanics
- Broad knowledge of detector phenomenology and imaging sensor technologies
- Comprehensive Electro-Optical systems analysis capabilities: SNR, SNR, NIIRS, etc.
- Expert level optical and opto-mechanical engineering skills and understanding
- Expert level payload systems engineering skills and understanding
- Understanding of satellite/payload interfaces and CONOPS constraints
- Personality that enjoys working in a dynamic, multi-task environment
- Experience in the opto-mechanical design of space-based imaging systems
- Experience specifying, designing, building, and testing space-based imaging systems
- Experienced leading integration and test of small-satellite optical payloads
- Experience working with CCD and CMOS sensors
- Experience with on-orbit calibration of space-based imaging systems
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience developing tools for data trending and analysis
- Familiarity with satellite subsystems and operational/environmental constraints
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jobot