Director of Software Development - Remote
Jobot Arlington, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Kyle Shaw
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $150,000 - $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a healthcare analytics startup that uses NLP to draw insights and data from medical records and provide healthcare providers with insights into patient outcomes, morbidity, etc, all in a effort to improve patient care experiences and patient outcomes.
We are entering an exciting growth chapter in which we are seeking a director of engineering to lead our tech team of 10 individuals (made up of Devs, QA, DevOps, and Data Science). We are seeing a individual who comes from the start up space and loves to build things from the ground up. This role will wear multiple hats, working 20-30% hands on to help with architectural decisions for our cloud and application environment, and this individual should feel comfortable looking at code and providing guidance to developers should they need assistance.
- 10+ years of software development / architectural experience
- Experience building SaaS products with Python, Scala, Java, or Golang
- Experience managing and leading a team of developers
- Experience with cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Expertise with Spark and related data streaming components
- Understanding of DevOps and experience with containerization
- Well-organized and capable of implementing best development processes across the SDLC
- Understanding of API development and best practices
- Familiarity with Big Data ecosystem
- Experience in the healthcare space (healthcare IT, EHR, claims, imaging, genomics, etc)
- Experience processing data at scale
- Experience with streaming concepts such as Kafka, Kinesis, or other data ingestion tools
- ML or NLP experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Why join us?
You'll have the chance to join a early stage start up and take on a ton of ownership towards decisions made as we build and grow our robust analytics product.
We also offer competitive base salary, equity, and benefits.
- Lead the engineering team and manage / train junior staff
- Make architectural decisions for both the application and cloud environments
- Assist in code reviews, and establish best processes for our environment
- Collaborate with Product developmenet and sales teams to develop overall product roadmap
- Lead innovation opportunities around cloud and data capabilities
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.