Jobot San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Lindsey Perea
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $90,000 - $105,000 per year
A bit about us:
Join a 100% employee owned company nestled in the heart of Silicon Valley that has been in business since the 1970's! This is an Engineering firm that provides Electromechanical Contract Manufacturing Services, from prototype to high volume production. We have been consistently voted a top place to work and would love to add you to our team!
Why join us?
401k with 5% Match
Responsible for all phases of various accounting functions, providing support for the monthly accounting close and financial packages, analyzing general ledger accounts, support monthly and annual closing. reconcile general ledger accounts and make necessary adjustments.
- Analyze internal data to set standard costs for projects
- Develop cost standards
- Assist with month end, year-end close and annual audit
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts, maintain and record fixed assets, liabilities and other financial transactions
- Assist with other special projects and other assignments, maintain general accounting systems
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Recommend changes to internal process to reduce cost
- Create and track budgets
- Provide continual support with various financial projects and related analysis
- Produced ad-hoc financials, fixed asset, cost, and others financial reports
- Assist with the annual financial audit
- Interpret and automates report and records for managers
- Prepare monthly managements reports
QUALITY & PERFORMANCE
This position is customer oriented and deadline driven. Quality and Performance in this position is critical to the success of the company. The candidate is expected to meet deadlines, have the ability to set priorities, manage time effectively, and provide status to internal customers in a timely fashion, good customer service skills, problem solving skills, strong planning, organizing expert level, demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures, demonstrated ability to be an effective member of a team player in the most busy and complex department, demonstrated ability to facilitate progressive change, and communicate effectively throughout the organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EDUCATION
- BS degrees or equivalent or must have at least 5 years of experience in accounting/finance
- Effective written and verbal communication ability
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Must have thorough understanding of GAAP
- Must be motivated and a self-starter requiring little to no supervision
- Excellent organization and time management skills, capable of multi-tasking
- Strong attention to detail, able to work accurately and neatly
- Must demonstrate proficiency in software applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and Windows 10 or equivalent
- Comply with company policies and safety regulations
*PLEASE SEND ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION QUESTIONS TO https://apply.jobot.com/jobs/cost-accountant/1287986588/?utm_source=ZipRecruiter DIRECTLY AFTER YOU APPLY*
1. Please read the job description and tell me why you would be a great fit for this role
2. Do you have a Degree in Accounting
3. How many years of experience do you have as a Cost Accountant?
4. Do you have a thorough understanding of GAAP
5. What salary range are you looking for?
6. Why are you looking for a new position at this time?
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressSan Jose, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jobot