Construction Project Superintendent
Jobot Irvine, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Hunter Dahlstrom
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
With world-class leadership and a well-honed approach developed over more than three quarters of a century, we employ expertise, experience, and ingenuity to build landmark properties – and build lasting relationships with our clients. We approach every project by inspiring trust and delivering excellence in all we do. Our comprehensive construction services – from preconstruction through constructability and field management – deliver superior results on time and on budget.
Why join us?
Company paid medical insurance, life insurance, accidental death, long-term disability
401(k) plan, health savings account, employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off that's immediately available
Annual bonus plan, company cell phone, vehicle allowance
Responsibilities are typically safety compliance, craft supervision and production, subcontractor coordination, scheduling, material handling, daily reports, quality control and craft training.
- Safety – Create AHAs/STAs with Foreman for all self-performed work. Review AHAs for subcontractors. Refer to Section SH B06 of the Safety & Health Manual.
- Job Planning - Create material handling and site utilization plans for specific areas. Coordinate with Project Engineer’s and Office Engineer’s on material needs, RFIs, etc.
- Scheduling - Participate in the project scheduling. Maintain 4-week schedule for his/her area.
- Coordinate and supervise Company work force in his/her area.
- Develop Field Engineers, Foremen and craft persons.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors – Participate in weekly scheduling meetings with all subcontractors’ Foremen.
- Maintain accurate time keeping and cost records. The next job you build may be bid on the basis of your cost record.
- Material Receiving - Be sure that material received is properly inspected for quantity and quality, and that the receiving tickets are properly signed and coded and given to the Jobsite Administrator.
- Quality Control - Superintendent is responsible for all quality control on the project, both Company and subcontractors.
- Maintain Project Logs.
- Other duties as delegated by the Project Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Working knowledge of how the VDC Scope of Work, VDC Execution Plan, and VDC deliverables align to the project planning strategies related to field operations (i.e. schedule, model coordination for submittals, constructability review, installation validation, BIM to Field Layout, Field Layout to BIM). Ability to review and navigate within the current 3D model viewing and scheduling software and collaborate with the VDC team.
- A 4-year degree in Civil, Structural, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience on large commercial construction projects.
- Computer software - Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel based templates, Prolog, Primavera and the AutoDesk Suite.
- Experienced in construction layout, blueprint reading and shop drawing reading
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ConstructionView all jobs at Jobot