Construction Project Accountant
Jobot El Paso, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $60,000 Yearly
This Jobot Job is hosted by: David Montgomery
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in Texas, ENR has named us one of the most desirable places to work, and top 100 construction companies in the nation! We are a top tier company that is revolutionizing the industry with our excellent staff, complete dedication to our customers, and quality craftsmanship. We work on Commercial, Residential, Infrastructure, Concrete and Federal projects all throughout the Texas area.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
The Project Accountant will support the Controller with the day-to-day financial
accounting of construction projects. This role will support the work of the
operations teams and the accounting team.
- Ensure timely and accurate project transaction postings such as cost,
billings, change orders, budget adjustments, transfers, etc.
- Monitor and report on project progression at monthly project WIP review
- Analyze project expenses and budget-to-actual reports with the
construction project managers to proactively identify potential cost
overruns and/or financial risks.
- Monitor project cash flow and aged receivables.
- Coordinate project closeouts with project managers.
- Assist with the month-end close process ensuring timely and accurate
financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with special projects and perform ad hoc project analysis as
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial construction and/or cost accounting.
- Deep understanding of project life cycle, construction costing & billing
methods, WIP schedule, earned revenue, retainage, change orders,
certified payrolls, project budgets, contract compliance, and construction
- Ability to work at a high proficiency level with a construction ERP system
(CMiC experience a big plus).
- Strong knowledge of Excel: Pivot Tables, Lookups, and reports.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle demanding
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and oral with the
ability to communicate to all levels of employees, leadership, and external
- Detail oriented and great organizational skills
- Ability to analyze issues and recommend solutions
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
AddressEl Paso, TX
Finance and Insurance