Construction Project Accountant
Jobot Boca Raton, FL
- Expired: November 11, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a mid-size, full-service general contractor headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida. Our firm provides design-build, value engineering services, general construction, construction management, and pre-construction consulting throughout Florida.
We specialize in various and diverse projects ranging from self-storage facilities, retail and restaurant construction, commercial interiors, medical and healthcare facilities, office facilities, and industrial and distribution centers. We have established a solid reputation and are proud of the 15+ years of success it has accomplished. We will continue to strive to be the very best we can be, exceeding our clients' needs and outperforming the competition.
Some Recent Awards
South Florida Business Journal 2020 Top Private Companies "The List" Ranked #70, released July 2020.
South Florida Business Journal 2020 Top General Contractors & Construction Companies "The List" Ranked #18, released April 2020.
Why join us?
Competitive Base Salary + Benefits + 401k match
You won't be just a number, but a part of the family. We are looking for someone that will grow with the company long term.
You'll be working from the office in Boca Raton
The Construction Accountant role is to ensure the financial health of the project(s) by collecting revenue, accurately forecasting costs and revenues, and timely escalating all potential financial issues to Senior Management. This position is responsible for draw accounting, cash flow analysis, subcontractor invoicing, change orders, and providing info for financial reporting.
- Ensures all invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Follows up to assure timely payment of invoices, change orders, and claims.
- Reviews all constriction draws.
- Ensures costs are properly captured and submitted on a timely basis, works with the AR department to co-ordinate the price up of the draw packages and change orders
- Understands variances and identifies the components of the over/under billing.
- Ensures all payroll issues are accurately and timely resolved.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field preferred, but not required
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), (or comparable) ERP.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized, and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills
AddressBoca Raton, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Jobot