Charge Nurse - RN
Jobot Waimea, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Reed Huntsman
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Our Care Center is a 50 bed skilled nursing community. We are an industry leader. We have an exciting opportunity for an RN to work as a Charge Nurse or the Resident Care Manager on Kauai.
As a Charge Nurse, under the supervision of the Resident Care Manager/Director of Nursing, the RN will assume responsibility and accountability for a group of residents/patients. Nursing care is provided through assessment, implementations and evaluation of a plan of care. The RN manages the environment to maintain resident/patient safety, and supervises the resident/patient care activity performance by nursing assistants and helpers. Follows all policies and procedures and performs duties as defined by the State Nurse Practice Act.
Why join us?
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Prescription drug insurance
- Vision insurance
The Resident Care Manager provides direct nursing care to residents and supervises the day-to-day activities performed by nursing assistants. Must evaluate and assess residents' needs, including physical and mental health, family and community resources, physical environment and finances. A plan of care for residents will be developed by the RCM based on assessment of resident's requirements. The RCM can coordinate services to insure the resident's health, safety and general well-being. Often, there needs to be a continuous monitoring and periodic reevaluation to make changes as needed.
* Must possess a current HI RN License in good standing.
*Must possess a current CPR w/BLS.
* Must have a minimum 1 year of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
* Prefer training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
* Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
We offer competitive wages and a generous benefits package. We are an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).
- 8 hour shift
- Overtime pay
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Hawaii RN (Required)
- One location
- Nursing home
- Nurses wear own scrubs
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
HealthcareView all jobs at Jobot