Jobot Stamford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jeff Matheos
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client, a leader in manufacturing industrial maintenance solutions, is looking for someone to conceive, design, text, and transfer to production new electro-mechanical and electronic products. You will work with Suppliers and support sales to create "non-stock" components and assemblies. You will be asked to find solutions to complex engineering calculations, operate as an expert within SolidWorks/AutoCAD, and promote a collaborative team-oriented culture.
If you are an experienced Buyer or Planner, with a strong mechanical aptitude, then please read on….
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Package!
- 401K and PTO!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
oIdentify needs and place purchase orders for production materials
oResponsible for obtaining supplier acknowledgement and expediting/de-expediting orders as necessary.
oUpdating ERP (Epicor) with accurate expected delivery dates.
oMaintain positive supplier partnerships through routine check-in and providing forecasting insights.
oIdentify and recommend new suppliers.
oGenerate cost savings on purchased materials through negotiation of agreements such as volume discounts, family pricing, etc.
oCoordinate with Quality to quickly adjudicate any supplier corrective actions and non-conformities.
oCoordinate with vendors, carriers, freight forwarders and other stakeholders to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of materials from sources, including overseas.
oEnsure proper HTS coding of parts being shipped internationally.
oCoordinate w/ suppliers and Goodway’s warehousing stakeholders to ensure ordering volumes align with warehousing space availability and capabilities
oUnderstand MRP production planning/forecast and ensure material availability.
oMonitor and respond to customer demand and forecasts, coordinating with sales to get the inputs for this data.
oMaintain Purchasing system data to effectively generate suggested Jobs (make) and Purchase Orders (buy).
oCoordinate with Production to ensure proper lead-time and capacity are accounted for on release of jobs to the floor.
oMaintenance ERP stocking and ordering inputs
oVendors to ensure POs are filled and delivered in a timely fashion
oSales Managers to manage out-of-stock or over-stock risks
oCustomer Service teams to enable sales growth
oAccounts Payable to resolve invoice issues and ensure prompt payment to vendors
oPurchasing department colleagues to build upon best-practices
oEngineering on supplier obsolescence and/or opportunities for complexity reductions through capability or consolidation of materials
oProduction in establishing and maintaining FG and raw stocking strategies/Kanban levels
- An advanced understanding of purchasing.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- An analytical mindset and the ability to make data driven decisions.
- A thorough understanding of inventory planning and control.
- A thorough understanding of computer driven MRP inventory/purchasing systems, Epicor would be helpful.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills and strong technology proficiency.
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
- Flexible with the ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Professional demeanor during all interactions with vendors, customers and fellow employees via phone or in-person.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or a related field. Relevant professional experience may substitute for degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in an MRP inventory control/purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with an international supply chain, including knowledge of international shipping methods/requirements.
- ASCM or similar certifications preferred but not required.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Prior use of an ERP required.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.