Business Systems Analyst
Jobot Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jasper Posner
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $65,000 - $80,000 per year
A bit about us:
Have you ever dreamed of living in California but the cost of living scared you off? This is the opportunity that you've been looking for to make your dreams come true. A local bank in the Redwood country of Northern California (90 minutes North of San Francisco) with over 100 year track record of stable growth and serving the community is hiring an experienced Business Systems Analyst to report to the Head of IT. This is an in office position so is not available for remote work, but considering the gorgeous surroundings, why would you want to? This area is world famous for it's towering redwood and oak trees, lakes, rivers, and nearby rugged coastline like something you'd find in a Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movie. Rents for a fully renovated 2 bedroom apartment in this area are as low as $900 and single family homes rent for as little as $1,100. The area boasts world class wineries, excellent restaurants, a historic downtown full of locally owned shops, and good schools, endless outdoor activates and San Francisco is just 90 minutes down the road. If you're an experienced Business Systems Analyst with a dream of living comfortably and putting down roots in one of the most gorgeous areas in California, please apply now. Your dream job awaits!
Why join us?
What's in it for you?
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- A commitment to on the job and curriculum-based career development and training
- Competitive base compensation plus overtime
- Full benefits
- 401k + match
- Paid time off, sick time, vacation, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gathers functional and business requirements and collaborates with other IT staff, co-workers, and/or vendors to achieve business objectives
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases when new or enhanced business solutions are proposed
- Participates in research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within the organization and if not, whether new solutions are feasible
- Understands, coordinates, tests, and implements/participates in application releases, upgrades, fixes, maintenance, changes, optimizations and provides status updates
- Documents and communicates changes to new or modified functionality
- Provides information and support to training department to facilitate end user use of technical solutions to fulfill business objectives
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 years of work experience in Information Technology field
- 4 years of work experience as a business systems analyst
- 3 years of work experience as an application administrator
- 3 years of work experience as a business analyst
- 2 years of lead or supervisory experience
- 1 years of work experience as a software developer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Banking, or related field
- 8 years of work experience as a business systems analyst
- Work experience as a data analyst
- Work experience as a database administrator
- Work experience in banking or financial industry
- Work experience in project management
- Depending on the line of business supported, related certifications may be desirable
- Knowledge of 3 or more programming languages (i.e., Structured Query Language (SQL), scripting language(s), AS400 Command Language, etc.)
- Business Analysis: Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their problems and needs. Gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements. Solves business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions.
- Application Administration: Installs, updates, tunes, diagnoses, and maintains business applications. Partners with other IT disciplines to support application operability. Acts as the business’ technical liaison with the product/service vendor.
- Programming: Write, test, debug, maintain, or analyze applications or processes, as needed. Be able to discuss program deficiencies and/or enhancements with internal business partners and the product/service vendor.
- Database: Configure database systems for optimal software system performance. Responsible for security enforcement, monitoring performance, and enforcing organizational standards.
- Technical Writing: Create content for technical and instructional manuals, training guides, and assessments. Organize content into a document that can be easily understood.
- Project Management: Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Communication: Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Engage with stakeholders and understand and respond to their needs. Maintains effective customer relationships.
Please apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
BusinessView all jobs at Jobot