Bilingual Production Manager (Bread and Batter)
Jobot Bellingham, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Taylor Thibodeau
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Seafood is best wild. That’s why my clients sets out for the source—the untamed sea. From the deep, cold rolling waves to the center of the plate, you can count on wildly delicious goodness prepared by caring masters of the craft. Whether you serve seafood raw, cooked, baked, fried, or grilled—taste the difference that wild makes.
Why join us?
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive market salary
- Friendly culture and teams
- Great benefits
Responsible for assisting supervision with the day-to-day manufacture of products through Production Leads. Provides day-to-day direction for the Production Leads with the assigned work unit to ensure the proper flow of product from raw receiving through to finished goods distribution. Position will interface with Purchasing, Sales, QA, and Finance in the day-to-day management Serves as full unit manager for assignments, discipline, and the like in the manager’s absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A Production Supervisor is expected to perform one or more of the following essential job functions based on the business assignment (detailed):
- Effectively train and/or assist in training production personnel to operate the machinery/equipment and understand production methods.
- Collaborate with QA Director, to establish the proper procedures and parameters to assure food safety, quality and BRC certification.
- Collaborate in all necessary hiring and proper training including standard work, safety, and quality standards.
- Manages such things as corrective action, attendance, time off, timekeeping control, and other plant policies.
- Develops hourly leads to take ownership of key measures such as yields, labor, throughput, people safety and quality.
- Develops and refines production SOP’s in order to develop training capability as well as implementing best practices. Implementation and adherence to MSP’s (Manufacturer’s Standard Practice)
- Evaluates and interprets daily production reports to observe trends in production.
- Leads and supports process improvement activities with both formal and informal teams.
- Serves as backup for Production shift Manager and Leads as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory expectations such as OSHA, EPA, FDA, etc.
- Implements manufacturing programs that achieve cost and quality requirements of the Company.
- Keeps with established standards such as food safety, quality of product, safety of operations, yield, line efficiency and productivity.
- Ensures efficient communication with all levels of organization to ensure order-fill process.
- Maintains and improves labor utilization, yield goals, food safety, quality, safety of personnel and throughput.
- Meet or exceed daily production requirements per product specifications as set by production planning.
- Monitor and record the operation of the machinery/equipment and production process to attain daily production requirements.
- Requires hands-on capability to operate all machinery and equipment within the boundaries of available manuals, instruction, and personal expertise.
- Ensure the production area is ready for audits and/or scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Responsible for following all allergen procedures.
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation related to employee performance, machinery/equipment operation, and production of finished products.
- Provide the Production Manager with objective feedback to affect objective evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills / Abilities / Qualifications:
- Motivate, lead, gather, and understand information provided by all levels of workers.
- Positive attitude, work ethic and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management and coworkers.
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish.
- Strong understanding of food sanitation, food safety, worker safety and cost development.
- Ability to take direction from superiors and perform tasks without constant direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make improvements to processes and develop them into more efficient and valuable parts of the overall operation.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time.
- Strong technical understanding of OSHA, mechanical equipment, and the ability to understand mechanical processes and equipment constraints.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision.
- Directly supervises 12 - 20 employees in the Production Area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, supervise the time clock system and manage and confirm the most accurate information.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience as Production Lead or Supervisor (desirable).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software; Spreadsheet software, computers and Word Processing software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jobot